Georgia Babies

? for Preschool Teachers

I interviewed for another GA Pre-K position today as back up in case the other center I liked does not get the class they applied for.  I loved this place too.  One of the main differences is that this place told me my son would be half off tuition but the other said he would be totally free.  The other made it sound as if that was a benefit of the lottery program, that they pay for teacher's children.  Anyone heard or know anything about this?  I am googling and searching and finding nothing.  I am going to ask the center I was at today more about it when I go back.  This was only their first year having the program so I'm hoping they just didn't know about this.  Their current teacher doesn't have children young enough to go to the center so it may just not have been brought up before.  TIA!
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: ? for Preschool Teachers

• It's been awhile since I taught Pre-K and it was for only one year, but I never heard about that benefit.  Granted, I didn't have kids, so I wasn't really looking for it,but that isn't something I had ever heard of. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I thought GA PreK was free for all kids.  I am an assistant teacher at a small preschool and we do get a discount, but not as generous as either of those.  Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejulienandy:
    I thought GA PreK was free for all kids.  I am an assistant teacher at a small preschool and we do get a discount, but not as generous as either of those.  Good luck.

Yes, it is free for all of the Pre-K kids that would be in my class but I'm asking about my one year old who would be in their toddler class.  The half off is still good and very generous, I agree, but I have to see if I can afford that.  I am willing to take a pay cut for this job but that will be a huge chunk more.  Thank you!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • LOL DUH, with my comment - hello, Mcfly. 

Good luck, that would be awesome!  I love having Sarah in the same building with me and she loves seeing me when we pass in the hall walking to the playground. 

imageseansgirl2006:

imagejulienandy:
    I thought GA PreK was free for all kids.  I am an assistant teacher at a small preschool and we do get a discount, but not as generous as either of those.  Good luck.

Yes, it is free for all of the Pre-K kids that would be in my class but I'm asking about my one year old who would be in their toddler class.  The half off is still good and very generous, I agree, but I have to see if I can afford that.  I am willing to take a pay cut for this job but that will be a huge chunk more.  Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"