Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

help w/ quantities and nursery items

I'm working on my registry and list and need some advice on things that I need.I know that I could probably get by with 1 (or none) of the following, but in a perfect world, what would be your recommendations?

1. How many changing pad covers should I have?

2. How many crib sheets should I have?

3. Do I need a waterproof mattress pad or would you use sheet savers?

4. If you would use sheet savers, how many would you have?

Thanks for your help!

Re: help w/ quantities and nursery items

• Options

1. I use 2 so I can rotate in laundry - though could easily have gotten by with 1 and just thrown a towel or blanket over the pad when the cover was in the wash

2. 3 or 4 - mix of flannel and regular if you live someplace that gets cold.  More if your baby will go to daycare as you would likely need to have 2 sets there each week.

3. I used a mattress pad and no sheet saver.

4. Not sure didn't use.

• Options
    imageccds:

I'm working on my registry and list and need some advice on things that I need.I know that I could probably get by with 1 (or none) of the following, but in a perfect world, what would be your recommendations?

1. How many changing pad covers should I have? I only have one. I rarely change DS on the changing pad, I usually change him on the bed.

2. How many crib sheets should I have? I would say 2-3.

3. Do I need a waterproof mattress pad or would you use sheet savers? We have a waterproof mattress pad.

4. If you would use sheet savers, how many would you have?

Thanks for your help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is what we had:

1) 2 changing pad covers; but about 10 of these to put on top of the pad cover in the event of some 'interactive' diaper changes! :) I think techincally they're sheet savers, but they're much smaller and fit perfectly on the changing table right under DD's booty!

2) We have 3, but I really only rotate 2.

3) Honestly, we have both on the crib and I don't know why. If she makes it through the sheet I would think the mattress cover would suffice. But I guess this is for middle of the night events perhaps? So you don't have to change the whole sheet if she spits up or something? DD is 1 and we've yet to have a monumental middle of the night issue that would necessitate a full bedding change. I had to take the sheet savers out of her crib around 4 months or so b/c she was moving around and they'd end up all crumpled up in the corner anyway. We had one under the crib sheet, but again...I don't know if it's that necessary.

4) We bought 2 big ones and cut them in half...so we had 4.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageccds:

1. How many changing pad covers should I have?  I have 2.  If one gets dirty I swap it.  By the time that one gets dirty the other is clean.

2. How many crib sheets should I have? 2.  Same reason as changing pads.

3. Do I need a waterproof mattress pad or would you use sheet savers? I have a plastic coated matress and a waterproof matress pad.

4. If you would use sheet savers, how many would you have? Don't use.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    A friend of mine said that she had the mattress pad, then a sheet saver, then a sheet, then another sheet saver and another sheet on top.  So if there was an accident in the middle of the night, they just ripped the top layer off and didn't have to remake the bed.  It was already done and easy in the middle of the night.  Just an idea.
  • Options
    imagekelliott:
    A friend of mine said that she had the mattress pad, then a sheet saver, then a sheet, then another sheet saver and another sheet on top.  So if there was an accident in the middle of the night, they just ripped the top layer off and didn't have to remake the bed.  It was already done and easy in the middle of the night.  Just an idea.
    This is actually NOT recommended, and can be a huge sids risk. To answer OP,

1. How many changing pad covers should I have? 2

2. How many crib sheets should I have? 3

3. Do I need a waterproof mattress pad or would you use sheet savers? We are getting 2 waterproof mattress pads.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

All depends on how much you like to do laundry, but

1.)2

2.)3

3.) We have two waterproof mattress covers. Some people say you don't need anything since the mattress itself is usually a waterproofed material, but I feel better with one on.

4.) Dunno... didn't use.

• Options

imagekelliott:

And yeah.... don't do this. Very much considered not safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"