Trying to Get Pregnant

Not TTCP: Help with iPhone in hot car

I can't take my phone into where I work b/c its a secure facility where absolutely no electronic devices (no beepers, no phones, etc)  can come in, but its getting too hot here to leave it in my car all day. By May, it will hot enough around here to kill the battery and the phone.  Any thoughts on what to do? I assume ice packs in a cooler would be too cold, but will a cooler keep something at room temperature all day without an ice pack? There's a lot on line about not leaving the phone in a hot car but not many suggestions as to what to do with it!-- Surely, this problem has occurred to someone else out there! TIA
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Not TTCP: Help with iPhone in hot car

• If your commute isn't too long and you aren't concerned about needing it in an emergency, you could just leave it home. I mean, for decades people have been driving sans cell phone so it's not the end of the world. Back in the olden days of 1998, I had a cell phone my parents gave me just for emergencies that I always left in my car, which was parked at school and out in the hot SoCal sun all day, and it worked fine. It was pretty old school, and not nearly as sophisticated as an iPhone though.

Just a thought, I'm not sure if they're built differently, but there is so much electronic equipment built into the car that survives the high heat, do you know if the iPhone will really be destroyed if it's left? I'd google that and check out some Mac forums to see. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekdodge423:

Put it in the glove compartment or in the trunk. Or leave it at home. People did survive without cell phones once upon a time.

Me me I was a cell phone fanactic at one point. But now I refuse to pay those high bills so I have not had a celly for almost 5 months. I love it!

Cherish yesterday, Live today and always Dream for tomorrow!?
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to work for ATT.

You could always switch the sim card into an old phone while you commute to work. Then when you get home, put it back into the iphone and it will be good to go. It won't disrupt your plan or anything.

Course, I quit ATT about a year ago, so don't hold me accountable if this doesn't work.

ICE PACKS would be BAD because the slightest moisture on/near the phone could cause it to wig out. Condensation from the icepacks in the heat could harm the phone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"