Working Moms

Mommy vs. the fuzzy PJs

DD is about 21 months and has been going to the same daycare since she was 12 weeks old.  She loves her teachers and classmates, and actual drop-offs usually go well - she takes her nice big hug from mommy and happily goes to eat breakfast with her friends.

The routine at home, though, hasn't been going as well the last couple weeks.  She adamantly resists getting dressed in the morning and demands "fuzzy PJs on!"  Sometimes if I just give her enough time, she comes around and we get her dressed.  Others, like this morning, not so much.  To top it all off, then, this morning she just kept saying "home...back home...home...home" in this sad little voice the whole way to daycare.  But, then, when we got there, she seemed happy as could be.

Any ideas/advice?

Re: Mommy vs. the fuzzy PJs

• I don't know if this is the right answer but my DS is 23 months and I would just let him wear the pjs. He also takes forever to wake up in the morning and doesn't like to be rushed. I can't even change his first morning diaper. He needs his milk sippy and breakfast before i can even think of unzipping those jammies. So maybe wait until you're about to walk out the door or just let her wear them.

When she asks for home i would just give her an explanation. Sometimes, that's all they need. Like, "We're going to day care to see your friends. We'll be home later tonight when it is time for dinner. Do you think you'll draw today or paint today at school?" that sort of thing.

• Can you leave the pj's on and have daycare change him later in the morning? Sometimes I think they just feel cozy in their pj's!
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish I had some advice for you but unfortunately, we're in the same boat, and my DD is about the same age as yours.  We struggle about 50% of the time w/ the clothes/PJs thing.  DD also doesn't like to get out of her jammies or get her diaper changed first thing most mornings.  I'm hoping it's just a stage.  Good luck!
  • My son ahs done the same with his slippers for the last few months. I just let him wear them and put his real shoes in the bag. He changes when it's time to go outside. I'm hoping it's just a stage too!
  • Those fuzzy PJs! How dare they be so comfy that they cause us such morning woes! DD's daycare has a policy that they won't dress them from their PJs, but maybe I can change her when we get there. She's just usually been up for about a half hour and already had her cup of milk before I try to get her dressed, so I would gave hoped the morning grumpies would be gone by then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"