Nurseries and Baby Gear

Infant Carseats...

I am nearing the end of my first trimester and am starting to do some research for an infant carseat. I am liking the Eddie Bauer ones that I have seen. What do you think? Anyone have something they LOVE? Need help because this is my first and I really don't know what to choose.

Re: Infant Carseats...

• I spent A LOT of time researching car seats before finally committing to one. I will say that Eddie Bauer does not get very good reviews in Baby Bargains...I think a C or D? I can't remember. Ultimately we ended up going with a snugride, in part because they get great reviews and also because we are in Canada and have limited options to begin with. Happy hunting :)
  • I went with the safest/best rated car seat vs the looks. We went with the Chicco Key Fit 30. It was between the Chicco and the Graco Snugride. The thing that pushed it over the edge was the slightly (VERY slight) higher consumer reports rating and the fact that my SIL had an extra car seat base for the Chicco she was going to give us (normally cost $80 for a spare base). I say check baby bargains, consumer reports and the NTSB revies of car seats before you make your decision. Safetey was the #1 thing I was looking for.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ctanactana member

Whatever you chose, I am of the belief that bigger is not always better.  The infant carseats that allow you to go up to higher weight are (IMO) a rip off.  The majority of the time, your baby will exceed the height limit before coming close to the weight limit so you never end up getting close to the weight limit.  Plus, they do get to the point where they squirm to "see" more and want to be more upright. And I think they get uncomfortable in there...buy maybe girls (smaller) are different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went with the Chicco Keyfit (not 30). For us it wasn't worth it to go with the higher weight limit b/c if your child does get up to 30 lbs. do you REALLY want to be lugging that thing around? DD is tiny (only 16 lbs. at 1 year) and we gave up on it about 2 months ago b/c it was becoming a hassle to get in and out of the car. Sure you can just leave it in the car full time if it gets too heavy, but we split up the pickup/drop off duties to the DCP so that wasn't an option. So in short, DD didn't even make it to the lower weight limit (22 lbs.) before we ditched the infant seat.

Oh, I went with the Chicco mainly b/c of t he great ratings, plus I liked the style of the Chicco stroller that came with the travel system. It was very light and easy to maneuver, plus folds up very quickly and easily.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Eddie Bauer gets terrible ratings.

I would suggest looking at Graco or Chicco seats.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We're getting the Peg Perego carseat. They rate really well like the Graco and the Chicco they're just a little pricier.
    TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • We bought a Bugaboo Bee and a BOB, so we had to go with a Graco Snugride so we could snap it into our strollers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're going with the MaxiCosi Mico.  It gets good ratings, fits our Quinny Zapp stroller, and will fit in my Mini Cooper.
  • imageMrs.HisOnly:
    We're getting the Peg Perego carseat. They rate really well like the Graco and the Chicco they're just a little pricier.

We'll most likely get the Peg also.

• Graco Snugride 32.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are going with the Chicco Keyfit 30.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • the baby bargain book gives you car seat ratings among other baby equipment.  It's a good book to purchase.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Stay far away from Eddie Bauer.  They are made by Dorel/Cosco and always seem to have recalls numerous times a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imagelzybeanie:

We went with the Chicco Keyfit (not 30). For us it wasn't worth it to go with the higher weight limit b/c if your child does get up to 30 lbs. do you REALLY want to be lugging that thing around? DD is tiny (only 16 lbs. at 1 year) and we gave up on it about 2 months ago b/c it was becoming a hassle to get in and out of the car. Sure you can just leave it in the car full time if it gets too heavy, but we split up the pickup/drop off duties to the DCP so that wasn't an option. So in short, DD didn't even make it to the lower weight limit (22 lbs.) before we ditched the infant seat.

Oh, I went with the Chicco mainly b/c of t he great ratings, plus I liked the style of the Chicco stroller that came with the travel system. It was very light and easy to maneuver, plus folds up very quickly and easily.

Pretty much everything here! Our LO hasn't arrived yet, but go put 30 pounds of weights in a bag +10 for the carrier, blankets, etc...grab your purse/diaper bag and try walking around...um...no! I am short, have short arms and know that I won't be able to do this comfortably. So, we went with the chicco keyfit (22) travel system and LOVE everything about it so far. I am looking into getting a jogging stroller too, but we are waiting until LO is here.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since we also got a Bugaboo Bee, we got a graco snugride to go with the adapter for the stroller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"