Multiples

did you use a maternity support belt?

if so, did it help?  My back is killing me already, and I have a long way to go. 

what kind did you get?

TIA!

Re: did you use a maternity support belt?

• I got the one that they sell at BRU, and it did help my back a lot!  However my uterus is so irritable that the extra restriction on my belly started to cause me to have contractions.  I don't think that this is typical though and probably more due to my irritable uterus than the belt.
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • I used the prenatal cradle (ordered it on amazon) and I found it very helpful.  Also for back pain, make sure NOT to sit with your legs crossed, get a back support pillow for your chair at work and a small foot stool so that you are sitting in the right position.  I also saw a chiropractor, which helped me a lot.  GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the tips!  I'm a SAHM, so I don't sit for too long.  Maybe that's part of the problem! 

I saw one at the motherhood store, but I was afraid to waste the money if it didn't really work.   I'm carrying these babies all out front though, and it's getting really uncomfortable!

• I didn't with the twins b/c by the time I got uncomfortable i was out of work (27w) and on the couch much of the day.

I did use one with my singleton pg - when i was working on my feet all day - it helped for sure.

• I bought the one from Motherhood Maternity and was only able to wear until 32weekish, then I outgrew it. It helped when I wore it, but for me, I couldn't get a bigger size since I outgrew the XL, lol.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • The nurse at my peri's office suggested the prenatal cradle. She said that that's the one she hears the most positive feedback on from twin moms. I haven't gotten one yet, but I plan to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"