Stay at Home Moms

Pep talk? I'm having a bad mommy day

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

I've had it.  If this child doesn't sleep I can only imagine what this afternoon will bring for us.  We're on day 2 of potty training boot camp.  (which loosely translates as mommy cleaning up pee and changing panties and socks every 30-60 min).  And while, we are having some success it's all being overshadowed by the fact that

1) i just had an argument w/ a utility company.  our bill doubled and no one can tell me why

2) i have water dripping down one of the walls in my tv room.  it has stopped raining here (thank heavens) and the roofer is coming tonight to look at it.  but I already smell wet insulation which leads me to the conclusion that this will cost big $$.  (my husband is not handy)

3) i'm tired.  i don't want to clean up pee anymore.  i don't want to keep saying positive things and tell her what a good girl she is for trying.  i don't want to do any more laundry.  i don't want to follow her around the house and try and make up games and things to keep her entertained.  she's stir crazy and it's making me crazy.   

4) i put her down for a nap and she pooped & peed in her pants.  it got everywhere and I had to do a wardrobe change & change her bed.  and now she's wide awake and probably not going to nap

5) my husband doesn't get the importance (or level of commitment from me) for this potty training stuff and went ahead and scheduled something for after work tonight.  That means, I get no break.  

6) i have pms 

7) there's a full moon

Call the wahhhhh-mbulance.  I'm done.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pep talk? I'm having a bad mommy day

• Ugh Sorry Mama! 

It's a beautiful day here in Jersey - can you guys just go outside, go to the park and try to reset the button with some fresh air and sun?

• sounds like you need a glass of wine and a bubble bath :)   or put your daughter in the bath and enjoy the wine :)    we all have days like that-when it rains it pours--no pun intended :)    hang in there and it will get better--potty training is tough maybe taking a break and trying another time?

• Loading the player...
  • Here, have one of these:  Drinks

Hope your day gets better.

• I'm so sorry, we have all had days like that... I hope your day is over quickly and less painfully. 

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I totally understand. When I have BAD days I remind myself of how many fun memories DD and I are making since I am staying home vs day care all day.

I also remind myself how happy I am that it is me ggetting frustrated with her, and not someone else. I'm always afraid of what someone else would do in that situation.

I agree - can you go outside? Even for 20 minutes? What about doing something new? Bang on pots and pans? turn all your tupperware upside down and stack them. make cookies? or even pudding. sidewalk chalk? bubbles? do you have an empty box? take all of her dolls/stuffed animals and put the in the box. have a puppet show.

bubble bath sounds great!!! even if it is with LO. take the tupperware in the tub. new bath toys are wonderful.

You are doing a great job!!!! And the bad days only lead to fantastic ones!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"