Eco-Friendly Family

If you gave birth @ a birth center ?s for you

I know it seems silly to ask- but what did you take w/ you?

for you?

for the baby? 

I am hoping to be able to get away w/ taking less than we did to the hospital for DD since we hopefully won't be there as long (also we didn't use 1/2 the stuff we took.)  I think we are going to CD from the beginning- if we are there max 12 hrs post-birth I guess I need to bring half a dozen diapers- allowing for changing every 2 hrs?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: If you gave birth @ a birth center ?s for you

• Our birth center gave us a list of things to bring and things to be sure to have at home--of course, it's in the car at the moment...

Is there a kitchen at your birth center? Ours makes sure we have planned what meal we want to eat post-birth. Also, bring snacks, any drinks, lollipops, etc. that you may want to eat while in labor, too. 

I'm packing an outfit to wear home (for me and baby) as well as something else I may want to wear, diapers & covers, change of clothes for DH (in case he wants to shower or if he gets any bodily fluids on him), swimsuit for DH (water birth),  IPOD w/speakers, my neck/shoulder microwaveable heating pad, soap and shampoo, maybe slippers/socks...

I can email you our BC list if you want tomorrow.

• Mine did give me a list- but it's really just stuff like diapers, pads for me, etc.

There is a kitchenette and I guess some people do bring food... I will ask about that @ my appt. on Friday.  

If you could PM/e-mail me your list that would be awesome- my e-mail is my screenname at yahoo.com

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"