Stay at Home Moms
Options

XP: What lunch food to serve?

Hi fellow SAHMs. I need your help.

DD's 3rd birthday is coming quick!! We are having her party April 10th at a Pic n Paint Pottery place (you paint and they fire and glaze it) .

It will be fairly small. 7 of her friends and their moms, MIL, SIL, BIL, her Great-Grandmother, and a few other people totaling in about 24 ish.

It's a short 2 hour  "garden themed" party which will consist of 30-45 min of painting, 30-45 minutes of Eating, and another 30-45 minutes of Cake with present opening...etc.

For appetizers were just doing cucumber sandwhiches, a veggie platter, and chips and dip. For dessert we are doing a "pot of dirt" (pudding, coolwhip, oreo cookie crumbs etc...to look like dirt), and of course Cake/Cupcakes.

We are STUCK on a lunch food that is appropriate for kids 2-4, and adults alike. We thought about doing a chic fil a chicken nugget tray , but wed need a Large and it was 60 bucks!! We cant afford 60 bucks for chicken nuggets when we still have the actual party to pay for.

Any Ideas? TIA!

(cant have PB&J as 1 kid is allergic to PB)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: What lunch food to serve?

• Options

We did the Chick Fil A trays for DD's party, and they were a huge hit.  I understand not wanting to spend that much, but it may be hard to feed 24 people on less than $60... 

You could buy little Hawaiian type rolls and make mini-subs (some ham/cheese, and some turkey/cheese), then have a big side dish of mac 'n' cheese and maybe a salad or two.  

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    Is chicken on sale in your area?  If so you can make your own nuggets with breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.  I bet you'd spend less.  Of course, you'd have to find time for you to bake them...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pizza?  Thats pretty cheap and everyone likes pizza!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageaddison_clark:
    Pizza?  Thats pretty cheap and everyone likes pizza!

I think thats what ill wind up doing. Thanks!

• Options

duplicate post

• Options
    Do you have a Costco near you? If so, they have a fabulous croissant sandwich tray and turkey rolls tray. I usually order one of those for my kids' bday parties and they're always a hit.  They run around $26 for a tray that'll feed around 20 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"