1st Trimester

1st Visit Update

So the 1st visit was a bit of a let down. I am trying to stay positive but I have a neg head by nature.

The U/S measured the sac at 5 weeks, a week and a day off so no visual of the baby and no heartbeat. Add that to no symptoms and I, yes, I still don't believe I am PG. The MW did suggest checking Betas, 1st today and 2nd on Friday, but I won't get the results of the 2nd untill Monday. 

Just to add: This is the reason that I did not want an early appointment, even though they wanted to see me at 6 weeks. Ladies that have offices that require waiting until 8 weeks, count yourself lucky although it may be tough. Trust me, I would have waited another 2 weeks if that would have meant not laying there looking at an empty sac on a huge monitor. Because, that completely freaked me out.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: 1st Visit Update

• :( Sorry to hear that Milliways. I'm crossing my fingers for good beta results. When is your next scheduled appointment?
  • (((hugs))) Waiting for betas sucks.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I am sure everything is fine but I know it's hard not to worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry :( I hope you get great beta results so you can put your mind at ease!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

I've earned $55 in Amazon gift cards just for using the swagbucks search engine...ready to start earning free stuff? Click my referral link below!

Search & Win
  • In two weeks, which is nice because I really didn't want to wait a month.

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I went for my first appt yesterday when I thought I was 6 weeks 4 days but it turns out that I was only measuring 5 weeks 2 days. ?All they could see was the gestational sac and what may have been the start of the yolk sac. ?They said it was normal and I go back next week when I am 6 weeks 2 days to hopefully see the heartbeat. ?GL!
  • I just had the exact thing happen. Went last friday, saw a small empty 2mm sac and went for blood work, now today - blood work looks good, now a 9mm sac with visible yolk sac. I will keep you in my thoughts for good luck! :)
  • Hopefully you'll be able to see something in 2 weeks. It's still early, but the technician may be able to pick up a heartbeat.

And I know it's easier said than done, but don't freak out over not having any symptoms. I didn't have any until a week ago.

• I'm sorry. Please keep us updated on your betas.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• imagemag920:
    I went in, thinking I was just under 8 weeks, and the u/s measured me at 5w 6days, and I too saw nothing but sac and a yolk. There was a brief flicker that they thought MIGHT be a hb, but they said it was far too early.  I have been driving myself mad because my symptoms have been mild, and I just tend to allow myself to go to dark places too easily.  I go for my first pre-natal visit on Friday, and I am hoping they can give me SOMETHING to get me back where I need to be.  Big hug your way!

Thanks, right back at you.  Let's stay out of the dark place :) I was just lucky I was seeing a midwife who could tell I was really freaked out, I do not if an OB would have been as understanding.

• I also thought we were 7 wks or so, but come to find out we are only 5 wks n 4 days, we saw a gestational sac n no hb too, I got my first Beta #'s n they r at 700, I get a phone call tomorrow to check them again! I know it is hard to be positive, but don't stress out on something that you have no power or control over. I get what your are saying about waiting until 8 wks, i wish I did that too, n so does DH, 5 wks is too early to see a baby, and a HB. Positive vibes n prayers your way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I totally know what you mean about early appointments.  :-(  I hope you get awesome betas and a wiggly baby at your next appointment!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"