Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Whole chicken in the crockpot. How long?

How long should I cook the chicken?  I set it on low for 10 hours this morning.  It was still a little frozen.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

Re: Whole chicken in the crockpot. How long?

• Options
    BJKLBJKL member
    that should be just fine.  I put mine in this morning thawed for 9.5 hours on low but 8 probably would have been enough.  I just usually set for the amount of time that I will be gone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Chiming in late, but I just wanted to mention that if I just drop the chicken in the crockpot and cook it, it comes out all soggy and gross. Then someone told me the trick to it is to ball up aluminum foil and put all on the bottom (under the chicken) so that the chicken is raised off the bottom of the crockpot. That way the fat and juices can drain and don't make the chicken soggy (it comes out more like a rotissiree instead). Anyway...just thought I'd share because that one tip totally changed my outlook on crockpot whole chicken.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just use vegetables underneath it instead of the aluminum foil...usually carrots, celery and potatoes. And I coat the chicken with olive oil and sprinkle rotisserie seasoning on it before putting it in the crockpot. Comes out so delicious!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"