South Florida Babies

Used baby items

Are there certain baby items (mainly the larger gear items) that you would not want if they were used? Craigslist has so many options for everything, and something like a newer Peg Perego car seat in great condition appeals to me, but Baby Bargains strongly recommends against using a used car seat or crib.

I'm assuming that's due to the uncertainty of whether or not the car seat has been in an accident or something, but I'm not sure why a used crib isn't recommended (assuming it's safe and not too old). In the right situations, it seems like a good option. What do you think?

Re: Used baby items

• I would never buy a car seat used because of the risk if it's been in an accident.  I would however buy extra car seat bases off of craigslist.  As far as cribs, I would feel better spending less money at a ikea for instance than getting a used one just because there have been so many recalls recently that I would want to make sure there are no issues. 

I would have no problem getting a stroller or swing off of craigslist.  

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't buy a car seat or crib off of Craiglist, but I would take hand-me-downs of those items from people that I know and trust. Also check out baby consignment sales in your area. They are huge here during the Spring and so many different moms groups have them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got hand me downs from people i knew. I have never bought anything off craigslist but my aunt told me people sell alot of baby stuff that are hardly used on there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have a problem with any used items at all (diapers the exception, lol).  I would feel more comfortable with a carseat from someone you can trust that can assure you it hasn't been in an accident.  I don't think a crib is an issue if it's in decent condition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"