Parenting
Options

I forgot about April Fool's Day

Any cute pranks I can pull on my 5-year-old?

Maybe tell him we are going to dinner at a new restaurant that only serves beets and then go to McDonalds instead?

Re: I forgot about April Fool's Day

• Options

D&R did a fun "trick" meal last year.  I don't remember the specifics, but I also saw something similar on Martha a few years ago.

https://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/birthday-meatloaf-cake 

• Options
    Color his milk with food coloring. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejoseysbride:

D&R did a fun "trick" meal last year.  I don't remember the specifics, but I also saw something similar on Martha a few years ago.

https://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/birthday-meatloaf-cake 

That's way cute, but I don't have time to pull off anything remotely Martha Stewartish.

• Options

ooh I remember D and R's - she made cupcakes that were actually mashed potatoes with food coloring as the "frosting" and the cake part was meatloaf in cupcake papers.  Told the kids they were having cupcakes for dinner.

Dessert was.. I forget dessert. 

• Options
    #6#6 member

I saw a cute thing on AMV where the parents had hard boiled eggs and smashed on on their forehead.  Then they had the kid do the same only their egg was not hard boiled.  It was pretty funny!  Messy but funny!  :)  Im thinking about doing this with L.  Maybe the girls.  

• Options
    Fill up a glass about 2" with milk and put a straw in it, then put it in the freezer. The next morning, fill it up with more milk. It will look like a normal glass of milk (liquid on the top), but they won't be able to suck anything through the straw
  • Options

I saw the funniest thing that I want to do in a Rachel Ray magazine. You make a cheesecake but you buy the already premade Philly Cheesecake filling in the refridgerated section... then you add poprocks and you put it in the pie crust. When people bite into it they totally aren't expecting the poprocks! I was going to make this for the guys at DH's work but he has Thursdays off...so maybe I'll do it for Friday...lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"