Health & Exercise
Options

Working out & Breastfeeding

I'm about to start working out three days a week to get my body back into shape.  How will it affect my supply?

Currently I only BF in the mornings and evenings.  During the day she is FF.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Working out & Breastfeeding

• Options
    kellymom.com has great info on this subject. In fact, it's an amazing site for all questions about BFing.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd do some research. I started training for a half marathon and my supply tanked. I stopped BFing a month 1/2 ago. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I worked out, my supply went down. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    I think it really depends. Working out (C25k and 30DS) never messed with my supply, but I remember hearing ladies talking about exercise causing their supply to tank in the first year.
  • Options
    I had no issues with working out extremely hard and nursing.  I did, however, have to drink a TON of water, and I don't think I would sweat/cool as efficiently.  I trained for several races while still nursing my son, starting from the time he was 6 weeks old. 
  • Options

imageMike&Care:
    I'd do some research. I started training for a half marathon and my supply tanked. I stopped BFing a month 1/2 ago. Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, was this your first 1/2 or are you a seasoned runner? 

I'm planning to go back to training a soon as I'm cleared to workout again. However, I  want to be able to breastfeed.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"