Breastfeeding
Options

Ahhh I am sick!

I have a cold. What should I take. I know I shouldnt take med so that I dont chance ruining my supply. Should I just load up on OJ and vitamin C foods?

Also, for those of you that have been sick with a cold and EBF...what are the chances of DS not getting it? 

Re: Ahhh I am sick!

• Options
    I've had a colds a couple times while BFing and DS never got sick from it.  Chances are very high that if you BF while sick, LO will NOT get sick Smile  I usually just drink hot tea with honey, take Halls vit C drops, and do steam showers or steam pots with a couple drops of eucalyptus or peppermint to help with decongestant.  www.kellymom.com has a list of meds that are safe to take but a lot of the decongestants (especially ones with pseudophedrine) are known to dry up supply so be careful.  Hope you feel better soon!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm on day 8 of a BAD head cold...I just got my sense of smell back today and can actually taste my coffee!  I used a lot of saline nasal spray and stuck my nose in my daughter's Vick's baby rub.  On the worst day of it I took a Sudafed tablet but it didn't help that much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"