Multiples
Options

Is Baby A always born first?

I thought I read something on here that suggested that-- true or false?

Re: Is Baby A always born first?

• Options
    Baby A is the one closest to the cervix but there can be circumstances (especially in a C-section) where B is born first.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

imagemacchiatto:
    Baby A is the one closest to the cervix but there can be circumstances (especially in a C-section) where B is born first.

True.  But my OB will then relabel Baby B as Baby A.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, baby A will not always be first.
  • Options
    Mine came out in B-C-A order.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

I think I posted this same question as I hoped, in vain, that somehow my vertex baby B would get to the exit before breech baby A. I seem to remember someone saying that their baby A was not born first and became baby B bc the first kid out is deemed baby A.

• Options
    Not always, but in my case, with a c-section, Baby A came out first.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

For us, baby A is whoever is most likely to come out first (closest to the cervix) and they change that label if the babies change positions, which happened once.  I'm not sure what they do once labor begins or during a c/s, if they keep their most recent labels or label them based on birth.  Sounds like different doctors handle this differently.

• Options
    mine came out A-C-B. they tried to get B 2nd but his head was stuck under my ribs and they had trouble getting him out So they took C first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"