1st Trimester

Confession No. 2 for the day

Ladies, I have to confess to being disappointed at the first u/s (done WEEKS ago) when they found only one LO instead of two.  For some reason, I REALLY want twins! 

Go ahead, flame me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Confession No. 2 for the day

• I'll add to your confession... I will be scared sh*tless if we have two in there!
  • Wow... the idea that there could possibly be more than one in there (I will find out tomorrow) scares the holy hell out of me!  But, to each her own.  And, look at it this way, since you will have one already, when #2 comes along, #1 can help out!  And you will have a bunch of baby things already... and only one arm will fall asleep at a time Smile  Is any of this helping? Wink

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Loading the player...
  • Haha, when I was pg. with #1 I desparately wanted twins. This time, my betas were so high, and for a few days I was scared sh!tless. The thought of twins + my daughter makes me want to stand in the corner and rock back and forth uncontrollably. Twins are the way to go the 1st time around, that way you know no different!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • I was also hoping for twins! But if I got what I was hoping for I bet id be scared! lol
  • LCB34LCB34 member

I like you so I won't get into it with you.

But, I am going to act like you never said this. 

• imageLCB34:

Hahahah!  LOL  I know what you're thinking: "she should just be happy that she has a healthy LO in there!"  Am I right???  Stick out tongue 

• LCB34LCB34 member
    imagemonkiem:
    imageLCB34:

Hahahah!  LOL  I know what you're thinking: "she should just be happy that she has a healthy LO in there!"  Am I right???  Stick out tongue 

Not at all.  I'm thinking multiples are risky and have completely broken my heart.  I think you are naive to think twins would be "cool, fun awesome".  Don't get me wrong, my triplets 9and all multiples) would have been all of those but don't forget about the risks.

Too many people down play the risk and just talk about multiples like a 10 year old girl talks about a pony - totally forgetting the things that come along with the "prize".

• I also want two!  We will know on Friday.  I may be naive but I also don't know any better.  If I was having #2 and twins I would be freaking out;)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageLCB34:
    imagemonkiem:
    imageLCB34:

Not at all.  I'm thinking multiples are risky and have completely broken my heart.  I think you are naive to think twins would be "cool, fun awesome".  Don't get me wrong, my triplets 9and all multiples) would have been all of those but don't forget about the risks.

Too many people down play the risk and just talk about multiples like a 10 year old girl talks about a pony - totally forgetting the things that come along with the "prize".

I totally see where you're coming from...and I definitely wouldn't want the added risk - to me, it's not even really about the coolness of it, or anything like that.  It's mainly because I'm facsinated by them...and plus, I love babies.  :)

• I am an identical twin and my sister and I are both pregnant (she is 3 months further along than me). She is having identical twin girls. A crazy coincidence...I thought for sure I was going to be having twins too but nope, only one. Just watching her have to buy two of everything makes me thankful I am only having one. Twins are great in the long run when they grow up, but two babies, no thank you. I don't think I have it in me...
  • No flames from me, but my sister has 2 year old b/g twins. I've been around them since birth and let me tell you, they are A LOT of work! As much as I think twins would be cool, I don't think I want them. Since they run in my family and I have a chance of having twins, I wouldn't be upset. I just wouldn't choose it. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    DH would LOVE twins... I don't really understand his obsession.  But has said more than once, "maybe there is two in there" and gets a big grin.   It scares me  Wink

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Not going to flame you, but when I hear "twins", I think two things:

1) health problems

2) $$$$$

• I'm not going to flame anyone, but I do think you're all nuts to want twins. I cried for a couple days when we found out -- for a thousand different reasons. A few examples: are BOTH of them going to be healthy, how the hell are we going to manage TWO at the same time (we were already scared about caring for one), holy *** I have to buy 2 of everything, holy *** we need a bigger house, holy *** I may have really early labour and really early bedrest, what if the kids are sick and have extended NICU stays, holy *** I'm gonna get HUGE, will I be able to even walk by the end of my pregnancy? Am I going to be able to handle it emotionally and physically. I realize every pregnancy comes with it's risks, but mine are moreso and that is in the back of my head everyday.

Now that we've had a few weeks to let it sink in we're obviously excited. Like I've said in other threads - I have no twins in my family and I have not taken any fertility treatments. They're identical and it was just good luck I guess! It's going to be a retarded amount of work for a while and I'm sure there will be tons of tears at the beginning from both me and the kids! DH and I are pretty luck though, both of us have well paying careers and lots of family and friends close by that are all willing to help. Living in Canada and having our mat. leave benefits is a major plus plus plus as well. I've rambled enough now...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemonkiem:

Ladies, I have to confess to being disappointed at the first u/s (done WEEKS ago) when they found only one LO instead of two.  For some reason, I REALLY want twins! 

Go ahead, flame me.

You=Me.

I think I wanted twins because I am a twin and I was blessed getting to grow up with my best friend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would be fine with either, but I'm glad I know and that it's one. My last pregnancy it seemed everyone was questioning if it was twins. I have no idea why, I didn't really gain any weight. So now I can stop that right away and because I know there's only one in there.
    BFP #1 on cycle 19, 6/13/09, blighted ovum discovered on 8/3/09
    BFP #2 3/1/10 yay for seeing the baby and seeing hb at 6w! Found at on 4/26/10 that the baby had stopped growing at 7w
    BFP #3 11/19/11
    Baby Boy Bruce born 7/21/12
    Check out my blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"