Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Girl baptism gift

My best friend's baby's baptism is next month (girl) and I have no idea what to get her...suggestions? Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girl baptism gift

• Options

You could do a baby's first Bible (usually has pictures and its not the whole Bible). You could pick out a children's style cross necklace or bracelet- obvious she wouldn't wear it for a few years though.

If your friend is Catholic, there are Baby rosaries that are large wooden beads with a wooden cross- safe enough to chew on and can keep baby/toddler entertained in church too!

There are also children's wall plagues with religious quotes or little sayings on them that are appropiate.

Or even a snowglobe with a little girl inside praying (my mom got my DD this for her Baptism)

There are many gifts to get.

• Options

I"m in the same boat as you!  I have a baptism to go to in a few weeks and they are 7 month old twin girls.  We are on a tight budget too so i'm hoping to get a gift instead of giving money.    I"m going out today to things remembered and see what I find.

Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Our fav gift from both our DD's baptisms was from my aunt. For each girl she went to Things Remembered and had a silver baby mug engraved with their name on one side, and on the other side "Born on (date), Baptized on (date)."  They are very pretty and really special.

I generally give a gift of money though, for a baptism. (I'm not very creative with gifts!)

• Options
    love the mug gift! thanks guys for the great ideas!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My two standard gifts are an ornament and books. 

Willow tree makes an ornament of a girl praying (Angel of Prayer).  I got that for DD's baptism and wrote the date of her baptism on the bottom.  Also, any kids books about religion.  P.K. Hallinan has some great books and Michelle Medlock Adams has a great series about the holidays and the true/religious meaning behind them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"