Georgia Babies
Options

Working Moms!!!

I started back to work full time yesterday and it was so hard.  I've LOVED spending time at home with DS and am so sad it's over.  I drop him off at a friend's house every day because we are sharing a nanny and when I pick him up after work, it's about 6:00.  He goes to bed at 8:00 and when we're at home, it's easy to distract him and keep him awake until his bath and bed time.  In the car - totally different story.  It was so hard to keep him awake last night on the drive home.  Any ideas????

Re: Working Moms!!!

• Options
    I used to have the SAME problem!  Then when I got home I was like...do I wake her?  Do I let her sleep?  It's just a small phase and they will come out of it around 7-8 months.  That car seat still makes her fall asleep all the time!
  • Options

That's awesome that you got to stay home for 4 months!  I know it's hard to go back, but it sounds like you've got a good setup. 

As far as keeping him awake on the way home, I'm no help.  We've gone through phases where it seems like we barely get any time with him at night because he's sleeping and other times he's awake and ready to play.  Maybe you can just let him do whatever he wants to do on the ride home and then try to gently wake him and play with him when you get home?  You'll get into a good routine soon.  It gets easier!

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry Courtney. Being away from your child is never easy - unless they are 2 and driving you bonkers ;)  J/K :)  I think at B's age it's just going to be super hard but as he gets a little older he will be more alert around that time.  Only thing I can suggest is having the nanny nap him right before you pick him up?  xoxo
  • Options
    Caroline would fall asleep the minute we pulled out of the daycare parking lot!  She did this for a while when she was really little.  I didn't wake her up - I would just bring her in the house in her carrier and let her sleep.  It didn't effect her bedtime.  I know it is so hard when you barely see them all day, but when he starts getting a little older he will stay awake. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean.  I pick up Oliver at 6 and he goes down by 7:30 so we get very limited time with him during the week.  He often falls asleep in the car on the way home but at 12 months he his getting a lot better.  If he has good naps at daycare that really helps.  If he does fall asleep I just bring him inside and if that doesn't wake him up then I let him sleep for 30 minutes or so and wake him up so he can run around before it's time to put him back down.  It has never really messed up his bedtime though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageAlison422:
    Caroline would fall asleep the minute we pulled out of the daycare parking lot!  She did this for a while when she was really little.  I didn't wake her up - I would just bring her in the house in her carrier and let her sleep.  It didn't effect her bedtime.  I know it is so hard when you barely see them all day, but when he starts getting a little older he will stay awake. 
    Ditto this!
  • Options
    The first 2 weeks in daycare, William would fall asleep on the way home but once he got used to the routine he stayed awake. I would just let him sleep and watch how it works in the next week or so. Good luck! It's tough esp when u r trying to spend as much time with ur kid. I agree with Jody though...toddlers are a different story :)
  • Options
    The first few weeks it was hard because like you, he wanted to sleep in the car. He still sleeps so easily in his carseat. I'd give him a few weeks to see how things adapt and I'm sure once he gets older he'll be up and ready to play lots at night.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"