Double the vitamins ? — The Bump
Multiples

Double the vitamins ?

Good morning ladies,

My OB told me that I could take the same vitamins as when I was pregnant with my sinlgeton.  I thought I needed more, no?  Especially after just now reading and article in a twins magazine confirming my suspicions. What gives?

BTW - this is a "temp" OB (same office), as mine is on maternity leave until end of April.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?  TIA

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Double the vitamins ?

• My OB also prescribed the "normal" amount as with a single baby but I have read in one of my three twins books that you should take more of certain things. But I hate taking my vitamins so I just do what my OB (whom I REALLY trust) says.
  • i took one prenatal vitamin, but an extra folic acid pill (as prescribed by my MFM.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Loading the player...
  • I took a regular PNV and was then given extra iron and folic
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • One prenatal, but extra DHA and iodine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One prenatal, DHA, iron, Vitamin B&C complex and Vitamin D
  • Just the one prenatal for me.
    Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thank you ladies - I sure appreciate the responses. I think if anything I might look into doubling up the folic acid and the iron (i'm sluggish lately). thanks again!  :o)
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was taking the prenatal vitamin OB prescribed until we found out it was twins at 11wks. and she then also prescribed an extra folic acid.
    Caroline Faith 1.10.06, Audrey Alexis 11.1.07, Noah James & Ethan Alexander 6.17.10
  • I've just been taking the one prenatal vitamin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards