1st Trimester

Did anyone see this...?

This has been going for hours, 12 pages and people are still posting...holy crap.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/12/34211436/ShowThread.aspx

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Did anyone see this...?

• Ok.  I'll bite.  lol.   About a month ago, something like this happened over here...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • wow!!! I had a baby with anencephaly!! he didn't make it and as I held his little tiny in lifeless body I said to myself I would do nething for this baby to be alive! I don't care it it would have had Down syndrome, it is hard but he/she is your child no matter what. I had to stop reading. I can't get myself stressed out over garbage. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • kcl22kcl22 member
    What a poor choice of words...
  • imageheckysue:
    imagemonkiem:

Ok.  I'll bite.  lol.   About a month ago, something like this happened over here...

on this topic or just that long? 

on the topic itself.  It's a no-win argument for anyone who gets involved.  There are bound to be people who get offended, and their are bound to be those who are high on their horses either on pro-life or pro-choice.

• That post is insane. The OP is ignorant. Not because she would choose to abort a DS baby -- that is a very personal and devastating decision to have to make and I don't judge ANYONE in that situation, as I have seen my fair share of agony and devastation in my journeys -- but because she keeps digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole with her ridiculous rationalizations and generalizations. I stepped away after page 1. Hits too close to home and not worth my time to argue.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Wow. 350-some posts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holy crap.  I would expect this out of a 23 year old who's s/n is HOLLOWSTAR.  It's a pretty hollow and shallow thing to think about at her age.
  • imageheckysue:

imagejaredandmartha:
    wow!!! I had a baby with anencephaly!! he didn't make it and as I held his little tiny in lifeless body I said to myself I would do nething for this baby to be alive! I don't care it it would have had Down syndrome, it is hard but he/she is your child no matter what. I had to stop reading. I can't get myself stressed out over garbage. 
    I actually didn't read much either.  It's too emotionally charged of a topic and I know what my opinions are.  I would wind up angry and it's not something I want to get involved in.

So sorry that happened to you BTW, that must have been terrible.

It was the worst thing ever and I do not wish that on anyone,but I am pregnant now. Only 5 wks, n I feel great! =)  

• kcl22kcl22 member

imagemonkiem:
    Holy crap.  I would expect this out of a 23 year old who's s/n is HOLLOWSTAR.  It's a pretty hollow and shallow thing to think about at her age.

MonkieM did you see her tat?  It's a HOLLOW.  STAR.  lol

also, I can't help but think about this woman I work with who has a special needs daughter.  The way she spoke about her I always assumed she was born with Down syndrome or a form of MR.  I just learned today she was born healthy and had an anoxic brain injury at age 2.  What would these people do at that point?  Give them up?  I know people have personal and strong opinions about the subject and that a two year old in no way compares to a fetus but it just stuck out in my head.  Not to mention the false positives... Needless to say I'm not having the NT Scan...

• That is crap.  It literally made me cry to read something like that. 
  • imagekcl22:

imagemonkiem:
    Holy crap.  I would expect this out of a 23 year old who's s/n is HOLLOWSTAR.  It's a pretty hollow and shallow thing to think about at her age.

MonkieM did you see her tat?  It's a HOLLOW.  STAR.  lol

also, I can't help but think about this woman I work with who has a special needs daughter.  The way she spoke about her I always assumed she was born with Down syndrome or a form of MR.  I just learned today she was born healthy and had an anoxic brain injury at age 2.  What would these people do at that point?  Give them up?  I know people have personal and strong opinions about the subject and that a two year old in no way compares to a fetus but it just stuck out in my head.  Not to mention the false positives... Needless to say I'm not having the NT Scan...

Yeah - I know...we chose not to do the NT, we're not doing CVS or amnio.  It's not worth it...we're not at risk or anything...and our OB totally respects that decision, and in fact mentioned that he would advise against it if I did want it simply because we're not risk factors...

• imageGummybear:
    That post is insane. The OP is ignorant. Not because she would choose to abort a DS baby -- that is a very personal and devastating decision to have to make and I don't judge ANYONE in that situation, as I have seen my fair share of agony and devastation in my journeys -- but because she keeps digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole with her ridiculous rationalizations and generalizations. I stepped away after page 1. Hits too close to home and not worth my time to argue.

Hugs, sweetie.

• imageBrezza:
    imagemonkiem:
    imageheckysue:
    imagemonkiem:

Ok.  I'll bite.  lol.   About a month ago, something like this happened over here...

on this topic or just that long? 

on the topic itself.  It's a no-win argument for anyone who gets involved.  There are bound to be people who get offended, and their are bound to be those who are high on their horses either on pro-life or pro-choice.

Word. And monkiem, can I just say that your posts always seem to be spot-on? 

Why, thank you, luv!

• imagemonkiem:

imageGummybear:
    That post is insane. The OP is ignorant. Not because she would choose to abort a DS baby -- that is a very personal and devastating decision to have to make and I don't judge ANYONE in that situation, as I have seen my fair share of agony and devastation in my journeys -- but because she keeps digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole with her ridiculous rationalizations and generalizations. I stepped away after page 1. Hits too close to home and not worth my time to argue.

Hugs, sweetie.

Thanks babe! I consider myself one of the lucky ones! Even if our kiddo is affected they have a very good chance of being like me -- and I think I've had a darn good life -- most of my strife has been emotional and I think I'd be better suited to handle it than my parents were since it's not "new", plus Drs know a lot more these days than they did 30 years ago. I ache for some of my friends and acquaintainces who are passing on things that are either incompatable with life or cause a lifetime of pain and suffering. We'd much rather not have to deal with the possibility, but hey, you can't control everything in life. I just got, not 15 minutes ago, an email from a friend whose best friend just found out her unborn daughter has DS...puts things in perspective, you know?

DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
  • imageGummybear:
    imagemonkiem:

imageGummybear:

Hugs, sweetie.

Thanks babe! I consider myself one of the lucky ones! Even if our kiddo is affected they have a very good chance of being like me -- and I think I've had a darn good life -- most of my strife has been emotional and I think I'd be better suited to handle it than my parents were since it's not "new", plus Drs know a lot more these days than they did 30 years ago. I ache for some of my friends and acquaintainces who are passing on things that are either incompatable with life or cause a lifetime of pain and suffering. We'd much rather not have to deal with the possibility, but hey, you can't control everything in life. I just got, not 15 minutes ago, an email from a friend whose best friend just found out her unborn daughter has DS...puts things in perspective, you know?

Oh, yes, modern technology definitely has made having any sort of disorder so much easier these days - provided, however, that you have the resources for it, no?  If you don't mind me asking, what is it?  One of my closest friends has a brother with Williams Syndrome, and I absolutely ADORE him.  He's the sort of kid who would look up at my date and tell him with a straight face "You hurt my Monkie, I kill you"....such a sweetheart.  LOL

• imagemonkiem:
    imageGummybear:
    imagemonkiem:

imageGummybear:

Hugs, sweetie.

Oh, yes, modern technology definitely has made having any sort of disorder so much easier these days - provided, however, that you have the resources for it, no?  If you don't mind me asking, what is it?  One of my closest friends has a brother with Williams Syndrome, and I absolutely ADORE him.  He's the sort of kid who would look up at my date and tell him with a straight face "You hurt my Monkie, I kill you"....such a sweetheart.  LOL

I'll PM you! Not quite comfortable putting that out there just yet!

Upcoming Races
  • imageGummybear:
    imagemonkiem:
    imageGummybear:
    imagemonkiem:

imageGummybear:

Hugs, sweetie.

I'll PM you! Not quite comfortable putting that out there just yet!

I'll look for it!  Totally understandable.

• https://www.kellehampton.com/

this is a blog about a woman in my city who recently had a baby with ds. She didnt know the baby had ds until she was placed in her arms. Get your tissues!

BFP #1 10/23/10 M/C 11/22/10 BFP #2 1/16/11 M/C 2/2011 BFP #3 1/2012 M/C 3/2012 RE testing: all normal 6/2012: injects+Iui = BFN 9/2012 injects + Iui = BFN 12/2012: polyp removal TTC on our own for awhile
  • While it's a valid topic, I don't think it's anything to post to a message board.  Everyone has their own choices to make, and it's no one's business but your own.  The OP made the mistake of specifically targeting Down Syndrome, but there are so many other things that can be found.  A friend of my SIL found out that her baby was trisomy 18.  She made the choice to carry to term and, when the baby was born, they left his umbilical cord attached long enough for them to say goodbye.  He lived for three minutes after the cord was cut.  Personally, I would NEVER be able to go through that heartbreak, but that is my choice - it was not hers and I would never presume to tell people, or give my opinion on what they should do.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• My step sister had downs. She ended up dying due to SIDS complicated by her Downs when she was 8 months old. This happened 26 years ago way before I knew my step mom (I was only a few months old). 

Watching what she goes through on both the anniversary that she died as well as her birthday is hard. But I would never abort my baby because of it. It is my baby. Is it the way I planned on it happening? No. Does it take away from the fact that it is a life that DH and I made together and already love? No.

I think it is appalling to think of aborting because of this. 

• Having 2 special needs children myself, I had to make myself not read/ respond. Knowing what I know now about my girls would have never made me terminate, but only work harder to give them the best lives possible.
  • imagejaredandmartha:
    wow!!! I had a baby with anencephaly!! he didn't make it and as I held his little tiny in lifeless body I said to myself I would do nething for this baby to be alive! I don't care it it would have had Down syndrome, it is hard but he/she is your child no matter what. I had to stop reading. I can't get myself stressed out over garbage. 

I'm so sorry for your loss, I am a volunteer photographer for now i lay me down to sleep and I photographed a baby boy with anencepaly last month, it was heartbreaking. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"