Baby Names

Hi - would love your input!

So we have quite the difficulty with naming our baby girl who is due very soon!  I *think* we're down to 3 names - I think I've overanalyzed them as much as possible but wonder what others think too!  Our son's name is classical but more unusual and our last name has one syllable.  I generally prefer to call them the full name but am fine with NN options when they're older. 

Katherine - big concern is that it is too common

Annalise - big concern is does it sound too affected and will she just be called Anna (which is a different name to me?)

Josephine - not a fan of Jo and would I call her the full name? 

Thanks for your help!

Re: Hi - would love your input!

• I vote Katherine, I have always loved that name, the others are nice but nms.
  • Love Annalise!  People will probably break it into a nickname, so, if you don't like Anna, do you like Lise, Leesee, something like that?  If I were you, I'd try to take control of the nn ASAP, so that she doesn't become Anna, as you don't like that option.
  • Loading the player...
  • LOVE Josephine Smile

You could always use the nn Josie instead of Jo. Your other choices are nice, too! 

DS 12/18/2011
    DD 8/28/2014
    DD 5/24/2016, stillborn at 40 weeks
  • They are all pretty, but I love Josephine, particularly with the nn Josie.  Joey is also a cute nn.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRose.9.6.03:

They are all pretty, but I love Josephine, particularly with the nn Josie.  Joey is also a cute nn.

Agreed.

• Josephine is my favorite from your list, and I love the nn Joey or Josie
  • imaged.squaredII:
    Love Annalise!  People will probably break it into a nickname, so, if you don't like Anna, do you like Lise, Leesee, something like that?  If I were you, I'd try to take control of the nn ASAP, so that she doesn't become Anna, as you don't like that option.

I agree!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I think they are common right now...

that being said, I love Katherine and Josephine, with Josie as a nn.  Annalise was on our short list of 3 nmaes when dd was born.  I am not a fan of it anymore.  Although Olivia is common, I think Annalise is common is a trendy kind of way and that I don't like.

• I like Annalise too.  I have an Annabelle that will not be called Anna, that's not her name.  Go with what you like best. 
  • I like Josephine the best, nn Josie.
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • kcl22kcl22 member
    She would end up with a nickname with any of those full names; I just wanted to add I know an Annalise, she is called Anna (Ahh-na) and she is continually correcting people who call her Anna (Ann-ah).  kinda silly...
  • I like them all. Annalise is my current fav and my choice for DD #2.

The think with NN is unless you call them one they typically do not get one. DD #1 is Madeleine. She is 3. She has NEVER been called anything besides Madeleine. By the time she goes to school and can "pick" a nn I am hoping she will not want one.

• Katherine get my vote!!! As a Kathryn myself, I can honestly say I LOVE my name.  If it wasnt my name Id give it to my daughter.  It is so versatile and it is a beautiful, classic name. 
  • I love all three!  I think people will call her whatever you call her.  And if she decides to go by one of the many nicknames that each name has then so be it - in the end, it's her name!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I vote Katherine.
  • I'd go with Josephine and call her Josie.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • They are all nice names but my favorite is Josephine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"