Multiples
Options

Had my twin boys 2 weeks ago!

They were born by unplanned C-section (after scheduled indiction) on March 18, weighing a whopping 7 lbs 8 oz and 8 lbs 9 oz, respectively!
Here is their birth story...Monday - 38 weeks - induction was scheduled for 7:30 AM.  We arrived at the hospital thinking we would be starting with Pitocin, because our doctor had explained that she didn't think cervical ripening (Cervidil, etc.) was going to be necessary, as she thought that my cervix would be ripening between our appointment on Wednesday and the induction on Monday.  We were checked into a labor room and given the progesterone gel, which I had to lay flat for 2 hours and be monitored on.  The bummer about this is that my babies were so hard to get on the monitors and once the nurses got them, they didn't really want me to move (like from one side to the other), even if I was really uncomfortable.  After the 2 hours, I got a 2 hour break to have lunch and walk around before they checked my cervix.  There was little to no progress, so they gave me another dose in the afternoon.  But after the monitoring and checking, there was still no progress, so they sent me home for the night (which was a bit frustrating, even though it was nice to get one more night's sleep in my bed).
Tuesday - 38w 1d - returned to be admitted for induction (again).  Got admitted to a labor room, had one more dose of ripening gel, 2 hours of monitoring, 2 hours off, then cervix check.  Cervix had made some progress (maybe I was 2cm instead of 1), but not enough.  So they kept me overnight and gave me Cervidil, which meant I had to be monitored the whole night long, which was a pain but okay.
Wednesday - 38w 2d - midwife checked my cervix and was pleased that the Cervidil seemed to have worked enough that we could begin the Pitocin.  Started Pitocin, was having contractions, but cervix wasn't progressing as much as we would like, so the midwife decided it was time to break my water.  Holy cow, did the contractions pick up after that!  Luckily, my mom was with me, because MH had gone on a walk to get me a milkshake at that very time, so he missed the water being broken and me screaming in pain.  At that point, I was about 4 cm, in major pain, and I got the epi right away.  Felt much better after that.  The midwives assured me my babies were going to be born that night, and that they would be St. Patrick's Day babies!  Because of this, my mom decided to stay over in the labor room with me and MH because she didn't want to miss the birth.  I spent the night mostly awake while they monitored me and I became ever so slightly more dilated...very slowly...my poor mom and MH took turns on the pull-out chair bed (one would sleep for an hour, then the other would take a turn).  Over the course of the night, people kept coming to tell me I was doing a great job and that this was normal.  It was a very, very long night.  The doctor on call ordered the midwife to insert a uterine monitor that would measure the strength of each contraction.  The results showed that my uterus wasn't really contracting as well as it needed to to dilate the cervix to 10cm.  I started to worry that it probably couldn't push out two babies, then, either.
Thursday morning - 38w 3d - the doctor on call came in and talked to us about our options.  I was at the max dose of Pitocin, so they couldn't give me any more, but could just keep me on it and see what happened and if I could get to 10cm eventually.  Or, I could have a c-section.  As determined as the midwives were to deliver those babies, I was worried about the integrity of my enormous uterus and my ability to effectively push both babies out.  I was also worried about maybe succeeding with one baby, only to have to get a c-section for baby #2 anyway.  So we decided that a c-section was the best option, as we knew it would result in a delivery (as opposed to option #1 of wait-and-see what happens), and we knew it would allow for just one procedure, as opposed to two.  As soon as we made the decision, things were in motion for the section.  I became very nauseous after getting the drugs in the epidural, and then I started to shake uncontrollably (horrible feeling).  By the time I was on the table, I couldn't stop convulsing and I ended up vomiting throughout the delivery.  But it was so worth it to hear my boys' cries when they arrived at 9:09 and 9:10 that morning!  I couldn't believe that it was finally over and I was finally getting the chance to meet them! It's been a crazy couple of weeks and I have MANY questions to ask you moms, so I am apologizing in advance for the many posts that will follow! 
7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Had my twin boys 2 weeks ago!

• Options
    what great big boys, that is amazing! that is quite a birth story, congratulations!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Holy big babies, batman!  That's wonderful.  It sounds like it took a lot of effort to get you boys here - I'm sure it was worth it!  =) 

Congratulations!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow. Your babies are huge. Great job.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on your healthy and BIG baby boys! 
  • Options
    wow, you grew some big ol' boys! congrats, and enjoy your little guys!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Wow what a story.  Glad all is well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! What a birth story, wow!  And those are amazing weights!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!  Wonderful weights...nice to hear.
  • Options
    What a great story!  Congrats on your little ones.
  • Options
    Holy moly big babies!!!  Great job Mama and congratulations!! : )
  • Options
    Congratulations times two!  Wow for huge babies!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!  Big healthy babies!  Congrats!!
  • Options
    Great job Mom!  Sorry it was a rough delivery though.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Big boys!!! that's awesome- congrats!
  • Options

OMG, I think those are the biggest twins I have ever heard of!  Were you in so much pain? 

I am so happy to hear you are all healthy.  What a long delivery!  You are one strong mama.  I was laughing when you said your DH left to get you a milkshake because it reminded me of when I was pregnant and needed ice cream everyday :)

congrats!

• Options
    yea! congrats!! cant wait to see pics!
  • Options
    Wow what a story!! Congrats on your big healthy boys, yay!!
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"