Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Pathology results - partial molar pregnancy....

Wow. 

The D&C was performed last Wednesday and I received news from the Dr. office today that pathology results indicated that the pregnancy was a partial molar pregnancy. Apparently this is very rare, occurring in 1 out of 1000 pregnancies. It's just so confusing because we saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks, heard a heartbeat at 12 weeks, and during the confirmatory ultrasound at the dr it even looked like a fetus. 

I am scared, devastated, and frustrated that now I've got to wait even longer before we can even consider trying (6mos to a year). The thought of getting my period again and being able to try again was what was slowly getting me through things, and now I feel like someone yanked the rug out from under me. 

I have to go 1x per week for Hcg blood draws for 6 weeks to make sure that hcg levels go to zero and stay that way and don't come back. I am trying to be optimistic but it's tough. 

Has anyone ever dealt with this here? 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
TTC since Oct '09
Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
Began our IF journey in May '11
Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
4-week NICU stay, home 9/3

Re: Pathology results - partial molar pregnancy....

• -->
    -->

I am so sorry for your loss.  As if the loss of your little one wasn't enough, the pmp diagnosis is just crushing.  It is a scary diagnosis and a lot to take in.  I know several of us were given the "6 months-to 1 year sentence"  But, once our levels hit 0, the OB's backed off.  I think the OB's do that because it is a serious condition if it gets out of control.  My OB originally said 6 months.  But, after 1 month of 0 she cleared me (ended up being 4 months past m/c).  I was one of the pokey ones.  It took about 11 weeks for my levels to return to 0.

Huge hugs.  This is not how the story is supposed to go.

• This is one of my favorite links:

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a113685/mola

r_and_partial_molar_pregnancies

One of the top threads is medical/research info.   The format can be a little over whelming at 1st, but starts to make sense after you read through it a few times.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you.
    My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • I'm sorry for your loss.
  • I'm so sorry. 

I haven't had the same experience, but I am wondering if your doctor(s) clearly explained the situation to you.  Could you call or meet with your doctor again to get some of your questions answered?

GL to you.  I'm really sorry for your loss.

• I am so sorry for your loss.  I had a pmp over a year ago.  I had to wait six months to TTC, and it was rough at first.  Something that really helped me get through the wait was planning.  Planning anything.  I planned a big vacation for a little after my TTA wait.  But also planning little things each weekend to do so that I was always looking forward to something, instead of thinking 'I can't believe I still have X amount of time to wait'.  

I hope that helps.  If you have any questions or just want to talk I'm usually here or on TTCAL.  ((BIG HUGS))  If I can do get through it, you can too. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no, thats aweful news and very frustrating!  I'm nervous to hear lab results from my d&c now...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• I'm so sorry :-(  I had a complete molar pregnancy in September.  It is so hard to get that news.  I want to second the babycenter link.  It's a great board with a lot of good information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"