Nurseries and Baby Gear

Paint Question

We have a white bookshelf, that I decided to paint espresso to match the rest of the baby furniture in the room, well I finish painting it and it looks more like chocolate brown. I brought in a dresser knob to show the people at Home Depot in hopes that they could match it, but I don't think they matched it very well, since its chocolate brown and not espresso like our furniture. My DH said we should have spray painted it (can paint) Did I mess it up? Or can it be fixed? What should I have used, paint or spray paint? Ahh I'm so stressed I want to finish this room already! My little boy is going to be here sooner than later. Thanks for your help!

Re: Paint Question

• well, you're not going to be able to match a wood stain exactly with a paint color as they are not the same thing.

Several options:

1. go get a darker color and repaint (spray or hand it doesn't matter, so no you didn't mess up.)

2. If it is a 100% wood bookshelf rent a sander from home depo or thery also make a chemical that will easily strip off paint (that I actually prefer but you might want to ask your hubbie to do because of the chemicals) and then stain the bookself with an espresso colored stain.

3. Paint the shelf a color that is in your bedding-- like aqua would look really pretty with espresso furniture--- it doesn't all have to match.

Good luck!  Hope it turns out well.

• Honestly you could use either or, but I find paint chips at home depot looks a lot different then when you get home and actually use the paint. I would suggest going their and getting a few paint chips to match what you are looking for and then getting the samples of them and trying it out. You can repaint it, so correcting it shouldn't be a problem
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"