1st Trimester
Options

M/S and Zofran, worth it?

Well morning sickness is unbearable now and ended up spending 4 hours at the doc yesterday getting IV fluids for dehydration and IV zofran.  Since water is making me gag.  They sent me home with 4mg to take every 8 hours.  So around 7 pm (about 7 1/2 hours after IV med) I started to get really sick again.  Took a pill and it does NOT work :(  I was up every 1/2 hour last night and got to work 2 hours late.

Has anybody had luck with zofran?  I took again this morning, but I am 1000 times worse at night, so I don't think it is helping at all.  I've been taking ginger 3 times a day and started taking B6 yesterday, still no luck. 

Is it even worth taking the zofran?  I know they say it's safe, but I was one of those "I'm not even taking tylenol" people. So much for that...this m/s is kicking my a** :(
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: M/S and Zofran, worth it?

• Options
    I lived on zofran from weeks 8-22 during my last pregnancy.  It works for me.  I've also found drinking lime seltzer water has helped a bit.  Have your doctors mentioned any other drugs?  I know there are some others out there for when zofran doesnt work.  Thank goodness my doctor gave me a prescription for zofran two weeks ago because my m/s started a lot earlier this time and I have been miserable!  I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • Options
    I think its hit and miss with Zofran. I def. do see that it works some days, so its worth a try. Even if you don't think its working one day, it may the next.  GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It didn't work for me either hun, I am sorry you are so sick. I stopped taking it because it wasn't worth it, it wasn't helping, plus I had horrible headaches and terrible constipation. Not that I thought it was risky, but it just wasn't worth it. They can increase the dosage to 8mg, maybe ask the Dr about that? Unisom has proven more succesful for me (though not by THAT much, but it has the added benefit of lulling me to sleep).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"