Trouble TTC
Options

Update on yesterday's appt

Thanks gals for encouraging me yesterday regarding my doctor wanting to discus IUI. Here is a quick update on how things went...

First of all, this is the BEST doctor I've ever had and for our first appointment together, I was very comfortable with him and I felt to relieved that someone in the medical field was finally taking us seriously. If you've kept up with my doctor drama, you know this is huge. Anyway, he wants to do an x-ray of my tubes (here we go again) to make sure that they are clear and healthy. I will also be having my blood drawn four times next cycle to monitor changes such as estrogen and progesterone. I'm staying at 100mg with my Clomid and we talked about injections but that doesn't seem to be in our immediate plan. DH has to go back for a second s/e and depending on how his results turn out, an IUI will be scheduled.

Doctor wanted to do a lot of the testing yesterday, especially the x-ray of tubes because he fears that I may have contracted an STD after being raped and it may have damaged my tubes. Lovely. I have ZERO signs or indicators that I have an STD (I feel so gross just saying that) but he said that it is common in women who have been abused to be clueless about such things until they try to conceive. He did a pap and should have those results back by Friday but he didn't want to pursue any of the other tests until after my next period ends...which leads me to today, 12DPO. First cycle on Clomid and trying very hard to avoid the store for tests.

So that's the update...sorry so long. Hope you ladies are doing well! I cannot tell you how much you encourage me and keep me inspired. You rock! 

Re: Update on yesterday's appt

• Options
    Oops - Forgot to mention that the doctor suggested I might have a luteal phase defect but he wants to give it one more cycle to see.
  • Options

I'm glad you like your doctor.

Best of luck with the testing, I hope everything is ok.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad the appt went well.  Good luck with all the testing.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    I am so glad that you like your doctor.  Good luck with all of the testing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad the appt. went well.  GL!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    Good luck with all the tests!
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Having a good doctor makes a world of difference.  Especially one you feel comfortable with.  Good luck to you!
    TTC #1 since October 2008 March 2010--initial b/w and SA - normal What's next May 2010 - HSG, SHG June 2010 - IUI #1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"