1st Trimester
Options

Has anyone been measuring ahead?

I know I asked this late last night when the board was asleep so I thought I would ask again...

Last Friday I measured 7w1d and yesterday I was 8w4d. I know the dating was def. correct yesterday because the machine is amazing and almost 3D like. 

Anyone else? Should I be concerned?

Re: Has anyone been measuring ahead?

• Options
    It evens out.  I had an u/s at 6w4d then exactly 2 weeks later had another and the baby measure 9w1d and then exactly 2 weeks later measured 10w5d, so after the 4 weeks had passed the baby had grown almost exactly 4 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

U/S results for dating can be off and often change.  I wouldn't worry about it.  Usually they don't officially "date" the pregnancy until 12 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    U/S can be up to 2 weeks off. So I wouldn't be concerned and would be surprised if they changed your due date. When they actually start measuring your belly in the 3rd trimester is when you can start paying attention to it. My belly was measuring 2 weeks ahead at around 32 weeks and I had DS exactly 2 weeks early (it was nice to know because we made sure to have our bags packed just incase), even then they didn't change my due date or anything.
  • Options

I've had some crazy measurements! My first appt. I thought I was 5w4d and they could only see the gest sac. Following week, (thought I was 6w4d) they saw everything and a heartbeat but baby was measuring 5w5d. RE told me I just implanted late (I had an IUI so I couldn't imagine my dates being that off). Graduated from RE.

Went to new OB five days later due to spotting, and was measuring 7w1d (which was exactly in line with IUI and LMP). It was all very weird and I blame it on a mixture of different u/s machines, different people measuring, and everything just being so small at that point. I have measured right on track since (actually last week I was measuring one day ahead).

The point of all of that is try not to worry! Ahead is better than behind in my opinion. I bet it will all start making more sense soon. Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"