Baby Names

Boy Name Trouble--Please Help.

So it's early days--I'm only 13 weeks.  My husband and I agree about girls names.  We have several we both like.

BUT we have ZERO boy names that we both like.  Please share your suggestions with us.  All are welcome! 

Here are our limitations:

1. The name cannot start with A, B, F, P, or S (because of our last name)

2.  We don't care for "overused" names but we also don't like the names that are just "too out there--" (like apple or cocoa)

3.  We like names with Common sense spellings and names that are more gender specific than gender neutral.  

4.  My husband doesn't like the string of "popular" names that end in -den or -son---- Like aiden, brayden, grayson, jackson.....

5. I like the name Zavier, but my husband doesn't. . .

Hopefully, that gives you enough information about us to help us find the perfect boy name!

Thanks for all your help!

Re: Boy Name Trouble--Please Help.

• Wow, if someone is actually willing to do their homework with this post, then good on them!

Too many criteria for me...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsBraun:

Wow, if someone is actually willing to do their homework with this post, then good on them!

Too many criteria for me...

This. But it sounds like you would compromise nicely on a traditional name like John, Michael, Jack, Ethan... etc. Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Jacob, Caleb, Evan, Ethan, Jeremy, Nathan(iel), Noah, Gabriel, Gavin, Owen, Jordan, Zachary, Ryan, Darren, Lucas, Marcus, Maxwell, Trevor, Vincent, Vaughn, Kyle, Jared, Drew, Gregory
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Xander? (Similar to Zaviar, but different)

Chase, Kai, Cullum, Declan

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I like Nathaniel, Matthew, James, Kerian. I was going to suggest Coulson (my grandpa's name) but I see you don't like the -son names
  • I suggest you get a name book and go through it, avoiding all those letters you don't want to use.  You have way too many specifics for me to throw names out at you... Sorry!
  • Thank you to those taking the time to pass on suggestions.  I have written this post because I have already done my "research" and looked through zillions of name lists and the perfect name jsut isn't jumping out at us.

I thought I would try to tap into all the wisdom that must be on this website for some inspiration.  I'm so sorry if I'm burdening anyone.

Of the names mentioned, my husband and I have toyed with Owen and Callum...  Perhaps no name will be perfect until it is attached to your perfect little buddle of joy. :)  Thanks everyone-- please keep posting your name ideas.

• Personally, I prefer when people offer specifics of what they are looking for rather then saying "can you give me a list of boy names"... at that point is when I say go buy a book, anyone can ramble off generic names.

So thank you for being specific!

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • ctanactana member
    imagekakleibo:

5. I like the name Zavier, but my husband doesn't. . .

I assume you mean Xavier which is my son's MN.  It is spelled with an X. I don't believe I've seen it spelled wiz a Z.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, there are alternate spellings.  Xavier can be pronouced 2 ways--

(1)Ex-zavier or

(2)Zav-ier

I liked going with Zav-ier so everyone would say it the same-- with the Z sound instead of the EX sound.  But it doesn't really matter because I don't want to choose a name that I have to convince my husband to like.  I want us to mutually like a name without any convincing.

:)

• I totally love this website.  https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

I figure if a name is in the top 100, it's too common, and if it's not in the top 500 or so, it's too obscure.  I know that seems random but it's how I'm doing it.  I like all the ways you can check popularity of names (state, decade, etc)...

• I agree with others, a traditional/classic name is probably your best bet:

Henry
    Jason
    Matthew
    Thomas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"