Austin Babies
Options

Heavy wetting at night issue...

Hi everyone - long time no post for me.  I tried to stay away for lent - and I did well for the first month - but eh - here I am. 

Anyway - DD has been waking at night at around 11:30 or so crying (in her sleep) because her diaper is heavily soaked.  This is becoming a regular nightly occurance.  I have tried cutting off her liquids after 6 - but that doesn't seem to help.  How in the world is she ever going to stop wetting at night when it comes time to not wear diapers anymore?   So every night at 11:30 her diaper is soaked - and I always put a fresh one on before bed at 8.  Then when she wakes in the morning - at 7:30 it's soaked again.  And I mean soaked -- you could wring pee out of it.  So - any tips or advice?  I don't want the wetting issue to cause sleep regression (it already has) and I want her to wake up with somewhat dry diapers - if possible.  Even naptimes - she wakes with heavy diapers.  Help!

(also - we haven't started potty training yet)... she's just not 100% ready, I don't think.

Re: Heavy wetting at night issue...

• Options

We have this issue w/ DD. What is strange is that you're cutting off her liquids after 6 pm and still having issues. If we give her fewer sippies at dinner and after dinner, that seems to solve the problem. If we give her one too many sippies, she wakes up SOAKED in the morning (even her clothes are soaked).

So I guess I don't have any advice for you besides giving her fewer liquids at night ... and you're already doing that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

This may sound weird but how cool do you keep her room at night?  We found that with DS, if he got too cold, he would soak his diaper.  Nights when the room was kept at about 73-74, he did just fine and didn't soak through. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"