North Carolina Babies
Options

Double Stroller Recommendations?

I am completely clueless about double strollers, so I would love to hear which one you have, what you like about it, etc. I am leaning towards getting one that is side by side instead of one seat in front of the other but don't really have any real reason why, so I am curious what you all have. I would like one where I can snap the car seat into it (we have a Graco car seat) when baby #2 is little and Ashley can sit next to him and then when he is older, they can both sit side by side.

I do like the double jog strollers, but I think the baby has to hit a certain age before I can put him in it, is that correct? Does anyone know what that age is? Does anyone have any double jog stroller recommendations?

My DH thinks we can get away with just using two different strollers instead of getting a double (with us each pushing one), but I like to take walks and would look like a crazy woman pushing two strollers instead of a double :)

Thanks for your help!

Re: Double Stroller Recommendations?

• Options

We don't have the side by side but I'm really happy with our Baby Trend Sit and Stand Deluxe.  Our Graco Snugride snaps right onto it.  I like that it's easier to move around at stores with it than with a side by side -- the main reason I have a double stroller (that and to go for walks -- although I wear Claire a lot while I pull Natalie in the wagon).

for joggers, I seem to recall you shouldn't put a baby in it (for jogging purposes) until 8 mo. old but it can still be used as a regular stroller before then.  It's just with jogging they need really good neck support.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Although your two aren't going to be 2 under 2, you should check out that board -- they're constantly talking about double stollers.  Tongue Tied
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a bumbleride indie and love it - my cousin has the side by side double bumbleride indie and LOVES hers! She said it fits through doors easily and isn't too heavy.  My indie is 16 lbs i think?  Def take a look at them!
  • Options
    Thanks Racey! I will check out your stroller and the board. I don't plan to jog with the baby and Ashley, I just want a jog stroller b/c we have several trails in our neighborhood that I can walk on and my regular stroller doesn't work on the trails/gravel. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Thanks slhall! I will check that one out too!
  • Options
    I have a front/back and a side/side and love them both. No real time to answer now, but I will later or shoot me an email to remind me and I'll send you lengthy reasons later!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    my bff wanted a front and back double stroller. I found one for her at the big consignment sale in raleigh last fall for $60 i think. It was in great shape. It was graco I think. Anyway, she loves it! It was the kind the car seat snaps into it.
  • Options

Can I just say that I am in LOVE with this stroller?  I am 99% sure this is what we're getting for the twins. 

https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx

I love it because it will hold two infant seats, but it's also great for a newborn and a toddler.

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options

This is our front/back stroller ---> perfect for shopping or other places where space is key. Steers really well. Still has storage space. Both seats have snack tray/cup and cup holders. comes in lots more color sif you search web rather than buy from BRU. Accepts car seats to snap in as well.

This is our double jogger. We didn't want to spend a lot of $$ so we checked the lesser expensive models at BRU. This stroller is AWESOME! We love, love, love it. Handles really easily. You can stash a ton of stuff in it. It's got a parent tray with a snap compartment and 2 cup holders. There are mesh pockets in each of the kid seats that holds snacks or cups or both. Great for trips to zoo, aquarium, walks in neighborhood, anywhere. Fits through standard doors too! YAY! I can't say enough good things about this model (especially for the price compared to most double joggers). Folds pretty compactly and isn't heavy at all.

Email me if you have any other questions!

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options

We had a graco duo glider front back stroller when the girls were first born.  It was nice when they were still in their car seats and I could snap them in the stroller and go.  But it was HEAVY!  And once they could sit up, it just wasn't as user friendly.  Once they got old enough to kick the seat in front of them, it because just simply a PAIN to use because I had to deal with that constantly.  Once they could have an opinion over who wanted front versus back, it was ALL over!  LOL!  I hate when we go to Kohls and get one of their double seater carts because theres a 3 way fight over who rides where.

We also had a double jogger and a double umbrella (the jeep kind).  The jogger was nice, but it was also heavy.  Of course this was an OLDER jogger, it was a hand me down, so I got it 3.5 years ago from someone that had used it for several years before they passed it to us.  I'm sure they are lighter now.  I also found the jogger to be a problem at the stores sometimes, not quite fitting through all the doors easily.  The double umbrella was really the easiest thing we ever used for 2 kids at once.  But, the down side is there is no storage to that.  But, we just hung a bag over the straps and it worked for us.  The biggest issue we had with a side by side was snack stealing or toy stealing or hitting if they were upset with each other, but what else is new, right?! ;)

Of course this is all based on having 2 the same age.  When Jeremiah was born we usually let the girls walk (with back pack harnesses on) and used a single stroller.  So I didn't really have to deal with different ages. 

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I have a lot to look at!
  • Options

I don't have anything to add with the double stroller recs, but I do use my (single) BOB Revolution stroller with the infant carseat adapter and it's amazing. If you're looking to do lots of walking with both kids, it might be worth the $ for a duallie.  (Holy sh!t, is that really $569?? OMG. Maybe wait for a sale??!) The infant carseat adapter is NOT approved for running, but it's most definitely safe for trail walking and compatible with our Graco carseat.

• Options
    imageMrsMcJamie:

I don't have anything to add with the double stroller recs, but I do use my (single) BOB Revolution stroller with the infant carseat adapter and it's amazing. If you're looking to do lots of walking with both kids, it might be worth the $ for a duallie.  (Holy sh!t, is that really $569?? OMG. Maybe wait for a sale??!) The infant carseat adapter is NOT approved for running, but it's most definitely safe for trail walking and compatible with our Graco carseat.

If you decide on the Duallie BOB, REI is having their 20% Members sale though April 18.  If you aren't a member it's $20 for a lifetime membership, but you get 20% and BOB's are never on sale! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"