Multiples

time between LO's during birth?

ok. i keep seeing announcements where babies are born like 3-10 mins apart. this is what i thought the norm was but then when i delivered i have baby A at 10:12PM and don't deliver baby B until 11:59PM. yes, i had a vaginal delivery but i see others who deliver vag and still have little time in between.

i imagine that the length of time was a bad thing, the OB would have made more effort to get B out right? they were all like "he's taking his time making his way down. he's taking advantage of the extra space and taking a nap too" and they all walked out while B made his way down...

just curious but how many vaginal deliveries out there had a bit of a time difference between babies (maybe not as far apart as mine but still)  

<3 Mommy to Markhas Aiden 10-4-06 Born at 29 weeks & Spontaneous Twins, Mackayla Grace and Braylon Deion 3-12-10 Born at 36 weeks 1 day <3 <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/sejabernathy/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketMY B.L.O.G. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa> Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: time between LO's during birth?

• Mine were only about 30 seconds apart, but baby B was IUGR and breech so the doctors did everything possible to get her out fast before she had time to flip. I had a second doctor pushing on my uterus from above and my doctor grabbed her feet and pulled her out. TMI!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine were 14 minutes apart.  I read somewhere that the average time was 17 minutes for vaginal deliveries - although up to several hours is considered normal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had an hour and 10 minutes between the two and was told there is nothing wrong with the time difference.  They had to break Baby B's water after I delivered A so that wasnt an issue, plus the baby is still attached and being sustained by the cord.  I was hoping to have them delivered closer because I was sooo tired after delivering A but it didnt work out like that.
  • imageShannonlea:
    I had an hour and 10 minutes between the two and was told there is nothing wrong with the time difference.  They had to break Baby B's water after I delivered A so that wasnt an issue, plus the baby is still attached and being sustained by the cord.  I was hoping to have them delivered closer because I was sooo tired after delivering A but it didnt work out like that.

this was me exactly! after A i was like how the he!! am i supposed to deliver B when i am sooo tired! B was just chillin and all the docs left but one who told me to try and take a nap. lol so i did take a few like 10 min naps which really helped boost my energy and helped me deliver B.

they didn't break B's bag until like 11:15 or so. he was really just chilling and did take like 2 naps so they were not worried.

regardless, i had two healthy and beautiful babies and thought i was soooo exhausted, i would not have changed a thing! (though at the time, b/c of the length in between, i was begging for a c/s and my epi had totally worn off!)

thanks for the input ladies! 

<3 Mommy to Markhas Aiden 10-4-06 Born at 29 weeks & Spontaneous Twins, Mackayla Grace and Braylon Deion 3-12-10 Born at 36 weeks 1 day <3 <a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/sejabernathy/?action=view&current=Untitled.jpg" target="_blank">PhotobucketMY B.L.O.G. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersa> Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine were only 6 minutes apart but that's b/c B was a breech extraction. So I didn't so much push him out (although I did help!) as he was pulled out by his feet! So that's why my vaginal delivery times were close together.
  • I had a c/s but we attempted a vaginal delivery. I asked my OB about this and she said that an hour could be normal and wouldn't concern her provided that the cervix was not swelling and that Baby B had his own placenta.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My girls were 5 mins apart.  My doctor helped Baby B out quickly because her heart rate dropped after A was born.  They were trying to move her (B's) arm down from above her head but it didn't work : )
  • Mine were only 7 minutes apart, but during that 7 minutes DH was cutting the cord for Baby A, the OB was doing a u/s, found out Baby B had flipped back to breech yet again, broke his bag of waters and reached in and pulled him out. It took me 3 hours to push out Baby A and Baby B was way up in my ribcage so there's no telling how long it would have taken if I'd had to push him out too! (If he'd stayed vertex.)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Mine were an 1 hour and 5 minutes apart.  I'm pretty sure a lot of that had to do with my pitocin getting turned down.  My OB asked for it to be turned back up and the nurses didn't do it right away and my OB didn't realize that it wasn't turned back up.
  • I wish my doctors had been as relaxed as yours, mine were very freaked out about getting baby B out as soon as A was out, and from the reading I've done there was no reason for the rush.  my kids were born 7 minutes apart and part of the process involved nurses pushing my belly from the outside to help ... I really wish they'd just let him come out when he was ready
  • There was 17 minutes between my boys.  Joey was born at 5:27am and Nathan at 5:44am.  They broke Nathan's water bag once Joey was out and turned him head down (he was transverse).  It took that amount of time for my contractions to start up again and once they did I was able to push him out.

• My girls were born 7 minutes apart. Now that may be because they were a month early and Baby B was less then 4 lbs. Not 100% sure. Wife did real good in the L&D department !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"