Two Under 2
Options

what's the hardest about 2 under 2

I have heard it gets easier later on but what makes it the hardest at first (all the little to big things)  I'm praying dd is easy

Re: what's the hardest about 2 under 2

• Options
    I think just getting in to a groove that works for you in the beginning would be the hardest. Once you get a system, it certainly gets easier.
  • Options

Dealing with toddler behavior when your hands are tied so you can't give them 100% of your attention + you're sleep deprived so lacking patience.

You sometimes feel like there's just not enough of you to go around.  And time for yourself?  An extreme luxury unless you make a point to make sure it happens. 

Once the baby started STTN things became much more manageable IMO. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For me, it's managing both when DS1 wants to go on a walk (he doesn't ride in the stroller), go to the park, etc.  The logistics of roping, wrangling, steering, juggling, etc. can be overwhelming sometimes.  But like pp said, you do get into a groove and it only gets easier as #1 gets older (it's easier to communicate and direct).

I know everyone says that it becomes easier when #2 STTN but I can tell you we are far from STTN and it has already gotten WAY easier.  Months 5-7 were very very difficult.  I wanted to sell off my children.  Something about 7.5-8 months switched in our lives and things are actually really enjoyable.

GL! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

So far, month 1 was the hardest.  I am preparing for it to get hard again when DD gets mobile, but DS is getting better every day about listening so I am hoping it works out!

Definitely getting into a routine is key.  I am lucky because I have 2 great sleepers that have overlapping naps.  So most days I get a good 2 hours where they are both sleeping to get stuff done and have time for me.

Right now the hardest part is physically leaving the house every day (getting everyone fed, changed, dressed, and making myself look presentable).  I am so glad once we're out but the process is exhausting.  Also DS has a case of the terrible twos - but I think we are now on the upside of that (fingers crossed)

GL!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

In the very beginning it is hard just getting into a routine with 2 LO's, being sleep deprived, hormonal, etc.  Once the newborn is sleeping better it all starts to get easier, and then continues to do so from there. 
    Just remember during any tough phase: It goes so fast and it will only get easier!

• Options

For me it's the sleep deprivation. I was 3 for 3 on bad sleepers. I don't function without sleep.

There are other things that are hard (no help around, no real breaks, kids not taking a bottle, etc.), but the sleep was the worst for me all 3 times.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    For me the hardest part right now is that DD1 still needs help on the playground, but DD2 doesn't want to be worn or held anymore since she can crawl and cruise.  If there were a toddler playground near me that would be fine, but we only have bigger kid playgrounds close to my apartment and I have to watch DD1 more carefully there because the big kids constantly knock into her, knock her over and push her off things.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Demanding kids.  When LO was born, DD1 was two and very demanding (tantrums, attention, etc.), and LO loved to be held - hard to get anything done!!  Baths and dinner were the toughest to do on my own.  Now it has gotten easier but there are new troubles, like trying to get DD2 on a nap routine with a 2 year old in the house!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thought it was super easy to have an infant and toddler.  Having a toddler and a preschooler nearlly killed me.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"