Georgia Babies

Ok, explain tofu to me.

After reading the post about processed foods the other day and looking on wholesomebabyfood.com, I bought DS some tofu. I want to feed it to him for lunch today, but I'm clueless. What do I do with it? I thought someone mentioned that you didn't even have to cook it. That seems strange (and kind of gross). Do I just cut it into chunks (I bought firm) and saute it? Can I microwave it?

I'm so lost. Embarrassed

Re: Ok, explain tofu to me.

• :)  If I hadn't seen the kids I once nannied for eat it by the truckload, I would never have tried it with HC! 

There are different types of firmness; if you're introducing it as a new food, I'd get the mushiest kind, carve off a tbsp amount, and mix it with a fruit or veggie that he's already used to.  Could see a texture reaction, but I know you can really pulverize it into mush, too!  I've frozen it before w/water in ice cube trays, but it's always seemed rubbery (well, moreso than usual!) when it thaws.  But no, no need to cook, although you CAN saute it w/a stir fry dish if you want, in lieu of a meat.  HTH; let us know what he does with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He wants texture! He is refusing purees and blows raspberries if I try to feed him. He only wants to feed himself and he wants chunky things that he can pick up. So, if I have the firm, I can just cut it up into little chunks and feed it to him that way? If I saute it, what would I saute it with? I don't want to use heavy oils or butter. Is a little bit of olive oil OK? I know it's not this difficult. I have a knack for overthinking things.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageminditronic:

After reading the post about processed foods the other day and looking on wholesomebabyfood.com, I bought DS some tofu. I want to feed it to him for lunch today, but I'm clueless. What do I do with it? I thought someone mentioned that you didn't even have to cook it. That seems strange (and kind of gross). Do I just cut it into chunks (I bought firm) and saute it? Can I microwave it?

I'm so lost. Embarrassed

um yeah...good luck with that.  Tongue Tied

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • I take it straight out of the package, cut it into cubes and my DD stuffs her face with that stuff!  It looks super gross but she loves it!  And it's a great source of protien! 

After she chows down, I put it in Tupperware, cover it with water and make sure you change the water daily.

• imageladybugDZ:

I take it straight out of the package, cut it into cubes and my DD stuffs her face with that stuff!

OK, so apparently it really is that easy AND DS is also stuffing his face with it. Awesome!

Thanks. 

• Good info.  I've been wanting to try tofu but I had no clue what to do.  I'll have to give it a shot this weekend.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay, glad he's liking it!  It's seriously such an easy, good food to give them.  I sort of forgot about it until this posting, but I think HC is past the squishier things.  But then again, she'll 'ho herself out for a hard-boiled egg, so maybe not...LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"