North Carolina Babies

Painful cramping around 19 weeks?

I have cramping on my left side. Almost like period cramps. It's painful when I walk, but calms down a bit when I sit down. Is this everything stretching and the baby growing? I'm hoping it subsides on its own.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Painful cramping around 19 weeks?

• Could be ligament pain - if you are concerned though, call the doctor.  I was super cautious if something just didn't feel right. 10 times out of 10, everything was fine - but I felt better talking to the doctor.
  • I'm assuming this is what it is.  I've noticed more pains when I get up (after sitting for a while), and that's what I've told myself is happening. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would rest and drink some more water.  Are the cramps coming in any kind of regular pattern?

• H&W05H&W05 member
    imageSpeedGlenn:

I would rest and drink some more water.  Are the cramps coming in any kind of regular pattern?

Thanks. No, no regular pattern.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do get a lot of pain in my sides, but it has never felt like a period cramp, more like stretching. When I take walks, I get a horrible cramp in my right side, but I think it is a side stitch b/c I keep walking and it goes away. It am sure it is just stretching. Hope it passes soon!
  • If it feels like period cramping then I would definitely put a call into the OB just to ask about it.

At the very least, I would try to make note of when it happens (like is it right after walking, or maybe after you've eaten a big meal, or maybe on a day when you haven't had enough to drink) and see if you can tell a pattern and that will help you determine if you need to mention it at your next appt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"