Stay at Home Moms

Ugh! So stressed and completely lost it last night.....Vent!

I have been substitute teaching a couple days a week and sending DD to my father since he recently retired and he loves having her a couple days a week.  I am only doing this until the new baby is born for some extra money.  I like the subbing and honestly going to work during the day is easier on me than chasing DD around all day while 8 1/2 months pg.

She is getting to a good age....she is slowly starting to respond more to no and isn't getting into everything as much but on the days I sub, she is downright awful when we get her home.  My father doesn't do much discipline because he said he hates to tell her no but he says he doesn't have to much anyway because she's pretty good for him and I think she's just happy to be at grandma and grandpa's house so she is pretty much entertained the whole time she's there.

Well, we get her home and she is just awful once we get home do dinner and bath.  Last night she was probably crying at least half of the time from after her bath until bedtime.  She would have a fit when we told her no to stay out of things she knows she can't have, grabbing cell phones, standing on furniture etc.  I actually got so frustrated I had to get up, go upstairs and just cry (thankfully DH was home so I could do that!).  She just completely ignores us when we tell her no when she's in one of those moods and it's continuing into today too.  I don't know if she just wants my attention more when I have been away from her or what it is.  I don't want to be one of those moms that contantly yell but honestly that's what I'm becoming.  She responds a lot better to a very stern voice than a soft "no no." 

Do you think she's acting out because she misses me or because my father isn't telling her no?  She has a lot of good days so I know she can be better but she seems to act like this 100x worse on the days I sub so there's got to be some sort of connection..........It's also so much worse being so pregnant and being so busy/stressed on the days I sub just to get everyday things done like dinner/bath/cleaning and listening to her whine/cry all night.  If she keeps this up how will I ever handle her plus a newborn?!

Sorry so long, I just need some support I guess....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ugh! So stressed and completely lost it last night.....Vent!

• Sounds like she is just overtired/overstimulated by the time she comes home and her acting out is just a product of it.  Does she still nap?  Is she not getting any down time at her grandparent's house; are they constantly playing with her that she is just overstimulated by dinnertime.   Are they feeding her too many sugar filled snacks throughout the day. 

Maybe try doing an earlier bedtime on the days she spends at her grandparents and see if that helps. 

• It could be a combination of things. If this is her first time away from you during the days, then that's a pretty big change/disruption to her schedule. Also, is grandpa giving her nap time (or at least quiet time)? But also, maybe she's just "at that age". DS ?started to act like a "terrible two" right around that age. It sort of came and went in phases. Trust me, I know how difficult it is to be that pregnant with a fussy kid, and it is even more difficult once LO is born. But we're surviving! And you will too!?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't really know the answer here, but I wanted to say that the LO I watch full time does this too, and he has done it for months (he is now 13 mos old) so I don't really think its age. It doesn't matter if he has a good day/bad day, is having a happy moment or angry moment, when his parents come to get him he is absolutely the most dramatic and angry baby for a while. They told me that sometimes he does it all night, and cries and cries. Other times its just for a while after they get him home. I have no idea why this happens, and I feel really bad for them. Even when he is fussy all day for me, its nothing like what he does when he gets home. I always wonder if he is mad at them for leaving him when they go to work, but its certainly bizarre behavior. =(

Hang in there. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"