Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro with lots of questions

I'm new so here's my story:

I recently had my second m/c in 6 months, but this one was very different from the first. With my first, I went in for my first appointment at 9 weeks to find that the embryo had stopped growing at 5 weeks. A couple of weeks later I opted for the Cytotec to speed up the process, but it didn't work. I finally miscarried on my own 4 weeks after the first ultrasound.

When I got pregnant again after just 2 cycles I was elated but scared to death it would happen again. And just as I feared, when I went at 9 weeks it wasn't good news. My doctor said my uterus was so full of stuff that she couldn't see anything. She thought it was a molar pregnancy, but my hCG levels disagreed with that theory. A few days later I had a D&C to remove all of the tissue filling my uterus. I was never even told if there was any sort of embryo or not this time. All of my tests from the D&C have come back negative which is good, but I am terrified this will happen again.

I have so many questions...Am I just some sort of freak because neither of my experiences seem typical? How do I stop being so jealous of all of the pregnant women and new moms around me (my sister and a sister-in-law are both due right around my due date for my 2nd m/c)? Those of you that have gone through this numerous times, how do you cope?

Re: Intro with lots of questions

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses.  My experience was different, but just wanted to send you a [[hug]].
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses.  I too have had 2 miscarriages in the last 6 months.  I also have a sister and sister in-law due around the time of the 1st and another sister due around the time of the 2nd.  This makes it very hard to forget that I should have been due with all of them at one point or another.  One thing that does keep me hoping is that I was able to get pregnant easily with both and they must have ended b/c things were not right and I would rather the pregnancies end now than not have a healthy baby or more complications later in my pregnancy.  I wish you the best and hope that we all can have healthy pregnancies and babies soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry for your losses. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

I am so sorry about your loss. Big Hugs!

Sorry I can't really answer your question as I'm in the same boat :(

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Katie: 1/16/08 2lbs. 15oz.
    Abby & Emily: 12/31/10 6lbs. 2oz. & 5lbs. 7oz.
  • Options

I am very sorry you have had to suffer two losses.

I would talk to my doctor to get some clarification about what happened with the second pregnancy.  As far as being jealous of other moms, I can relate.  The sting will probably lessen over time, and I'm sure you'll have your healthy baby soon. 

GL to you.

• Options

I don't know if I can answer this for you.  Every day is a different day for me.  Some better than others.  A day does not go by that I don't think about my losses or how badly I want a forever baby.  I just finished reading the book, Coming to Term.  It is very informative... maybe too much at times.. but it has been helpful for me.  A lot of people have other books they have liked, you could ask around.

Sorry for your losses and I hope you can find some peace.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"