Houston Babies

Terrible allergies

Any suggestions for helping my kids sleep at night with all of these allergens in the air? They wake up several times through the night with stuffy noses and are generally miserable with all of this pollen. I don't really want to medicate them if I don't have to but I don't know what to do.

TIA

Re: Terrible allergies

• Maybe an air purifier for their room?  Not sure that it would work but I have terrible allergies to cat hair and one of my relatives has an air purifier in her home and it makes it tolerable for me.
  • imageprincessmah:
    Maybe an air purifier for their room?  Not sure that it would work but I have terrible allergies to cat hair and one of my relatives has an air purifier in her home and it makes it tolerable for me.

this is one of the things the homeopath i took M to has suggested. both my kids have horrible seasonal allgeries and T has been on major meds (nasal spray, SIngulair, and TWO inhalers) since the warm weather arrived. alll this and he still has a major cough and congestion.

if your kids aren't coughing, try and air purifier and also a humidifier to break the congestion up. if they are coughing, you may need to look in to meds. long term coughs can scar their lungs and to me meds were the lesser of 2 evils with permanent damage a reality. 

• Loading the player...
  • We have a Shaklee air purifier in their room. I'll add the humidifier and see if it gets better. Thankfully, they're not coughing much. It's mostly just congestion. Audrey sometimes coughs in the morning and at night and in that case, I give her the inhaler and it stops. I'm just really kind of shocked at how bad we're all reacting to the pollen. None of us had issues in Georgia or California. Thanks for the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"