Pennsylvania Babies
Options

What to use on beach for baby

We are going to the Florida Keys in about a month and taking Bryce with us. I want to buy something for Bryce ahead of time but have no idea where to start. Should I get an umbrella, a tent for him? What did you use and did you like it?

I am going to get him one of those UV proof swim shirts but he will need shade as well. Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to use on beach for baby

• Options

Probably not an option for you, considering the long drive or flight, but we're taking our tailgating tent this summer.  Big enough for a bunch of people and/or a blanket to go under. 

We'll also try out the little sun-dome I got at my shower, but have yet to open. :)

Anyone talked to the pediatrician about sunglasses?  I plan to ask at DS's nine-month appointment, but I wonder what others have heard.  Are baby sunglasses the perfect saviors the companies say they are, or are they damaging to baby's eyes, like I've read?

• Options
    How are sunglasses damaging to the eyes? I never heard of that. We can't find any that fit him anyway. They are either to long on the sides or too tight. Plus he has a tenancy of taking them off and throwing them so we try to at least use a hat to shade his face/eyes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're going in June and having the same dilemma. I know he'll want to play in the sand (i.e. eat it), but I was thinking of bringing the pnp to set up under an umbrella. I've heard rave reviews of this, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money for a few days on the beach and it somehow freaks me out, too!
  • Options

Baby Banz are the way to go. We had the Sun Shade collapsible cabana for when Chase was little. It was the perfect size for him to rest and take a nap and it barely took up any room in our vehicles.

• Options

Ditto the baby banz.  Whatever you get, make sure they're 100% UV protection (that's where the eye damage can come in - if they aren't).

I'd recommend scoping out the OneStepAhead website.  They have all sorts of SPF rated stuff.

• Options
    imagentnylizard:

Probably not an option for you, considering the long drive or flight, but we're taking our tailgating tent this summer.  Big enough for a bunch of people and/or a blanket to go under. 

We'll also try out the little sun-dome I got at my shower, but have yet to open. :)

Anyone talked to the pediatrician about sunglasses?  I plan to ask at DS's nine-month appointment, but I wonder what others have heard.  Are baby sunglasses the perfect saviors the companies say they are, or are they damaging to baby's eyes, like I've read?

Sunglasses are okay as long as they say that they are 100%UV protection.

BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We took Susanna to the beach around 11 months. She was walking, so the shades/umbrellas were kind of pointless. She loved the sand and was walking everywhere. It was a suit with SPF, loads of sunscreen (lotion and spray for reapplying), hats and sunglasses.  One of those little domes or a beach PnP with a cover (we got one at a yard sale) would be good for naps, if you can't go back to your place.
  • Options
    When we went to the beach this summer we took with us a tent and a very small blow up baby pool.  This was AWESOME because then the baby could hang out in the water in the shade and play.  (We were with her the whole time) We just "semi" folded it up everyday once it was blown up and we'd leave the beach. (We had a truck so we'd throw it in the bed).  Then we threw it out once we left vacation (it was a $5 pool).  We used buckets of ocean water to fill it. It took about 2 buckets because we really only covered the bottom of the pool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"