North Carolina Babies
Options

hospital bag

So, I'm getting pretty close to my due date!!!!  At my appointment today, the CNM seemed to think I was not going to make it the entire 40 weeks.  Which got me to thinking that maybe I should start to pack the hospital bag.  So, how far in advance did you pack your bag and what did you bring for yourself and the baby? 

Re: hospital bag

• Options

I made the bag at 35 weeks and drove it around with me "just in case"

needless to say Riley was 1 week overdue- so much for my fear of delivering early....lol

Whatever you do- bring chapstick or lipgloss- you will soooo need it! Having comfy clothes for afterwards is a must as well- some nursing tanks and shorts or lounge pants- and ugly panties (because chances are- even though you'll get a humongous pad, you may still end up with stainage)

And then of course whatever you personally need- make up, mp3 player, snacks for DH, money for runs to the snack machine - whatever YOU think you'll need.

For the little one- a take home outfit, blankets, a kiddopotamus (the neck/head holding thing that goes into the carseat) and that's about it!

They give you diapers and a little hat at the hospital- so you won't need those.. unless you want your own...

• Options
    imageYelena1281:

I made the bag at 35 weeks and drove it around with me "just in case"

needless to say Riley was 1 week overdue- so much for my fear of delivering early....lol

Whatever you do- bring chapstick or lipgloss- you will soooo need it! Having comfy clothes for afterwards is a must as well- some nursing tanks and shorts or lounge pants- and ugly panties (because chances are- even though you'll get a humongous pad, you may still end up with stainage)

And then of course whatever you personally need- make up, mp3 player, snacks for DH, money for runs to the snack machine - whatever YOU think you'll need.

For the little one- a take home outfit, blankets, a kiddopotamus (the neck/head holding thing that goes into the carseat) and that's about it!

They give you diapers and a little hat at the hospital- so you won't need those.. unless you want your own...

I went 9 days early and had my bag packed at about 37 weeks. 

All this! And some hair ties, toiletries for you AND DH, we brought the boppy and used it there, we brought DVD's, laptop, cell phone. Robe, nursing bra/sleep bra. Some slide on shoes likes crocs, or flip flops would be great, I was really swollen so shoes would not have fit me. I brought more than 1 infant outfit because they do take their pic there at the hospital one of the days you will be there.

Our birth class lady had good advice, she said pack everything you need for laboring in a tote and bring that with you inside and then once you move to your recovery room where you will be staying, have DH bring in your other stuff. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If I were you I would pack your bags now.  With my 1st DD, my water broke at 37 weeks and I was not prepared.  I was grabbing clothes and cosmetics on the way out the door.  Luckily I did have the DD's bag packed. 

I packed clothes, snacks, magazines, music, my cosmetics, pillow, and pretty much anything you need to get you through labor.

• Options

the things that I felt were indespensible were, robe, chapstick, and flip flops/house slippers. 

• Options

I packed around 36 weeks, and kept a list near my bag of last minute things to grab.

We had more than we needed, but I like to be prepared. I didn't end up bringing the breast pump, but I used one while I was in the hospital. 

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Labor Bag

Socks/Slippers

Pillow/colored cases

Chapstick

Camera/Batteries/Cord

Cell Charger

Laptop/Charger Cord

Granola Bars/Crackers/Snacks

Cash for vending machine

Contact solution/case

DVDs, magazines, etc

List of people to call

Pain relievers for DH

Toothbrushes

Post-Partum Bag

PJ's

Make-up, hair stuff, shower stuff, etc

DH?s swim suit (to help me in the shower)

Extra bag

Boppy

Coming home outfits for baby

Afghan (for photo ops)

Coming home outfit for mommy

DH?s prescription

Nursing Pads/Lansinoh

Breast pump

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

just to add - snacks for DH during labor and snacks for after labor - hospital food gets old really fast!  I hadn't drank diet coke the entire pregnancy, so my mom brought me some cans of that as well as TONS of bottles of water!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"