Georgia Babies

Need a new mattress - help!!

I lost post where we talked about this before but I am in need of a new mattress. Our 3 year old mattress is awful with grooves in it from where we sleep. We bought liquidation so no warranty. :(  Looking for a good one this time with warranty.  Anyone have a sleep number or a W-hotel mattress? I have heard good on those. 

Re: Need a new mattress - help!!

• I have the Westin-Heavenly Bed and I love it!! 
  • I have a W hotels mattress and I love it and hate it.   I love it because its made of awesome.   But I didn't get a firm enough one, so I wish I had been able to go to a store and test it out.    I desperately want a new mattress now, 1.5 years later. 

• Loading the player...
  • Good grief! You guys are a bunch of Princesses!!! (Get it? Princess and the Pea?!) My mattress is almost 10 years old and we're just NOW starting to talk about replacing it. :)

Slwprincess just got a good deal on a mattress set and I'm pretty sure she loves it. 

The one thing I've heard about the sleep number beds is a terrible issue with mold in the air chambers under the bed. Skeeves me out!

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I bought the one we sleep on as my first big purchase after I got my first real job in 2000. So, it's ten years old. It's a Sealy Posturpedic and is still working well for us. I would probably look at Sealy's again whenever we replace it because this brand has done well for us.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• imageMLvK:

I have a W hotels mattress and I love it and hate it.   I love it because its made of awesome.   But I didn't get a firm enough one, so I wish I had been able to go to a store and test it out.    I desperately want a new mattress now, 1.5 years later. 

I don't know exactly what kind our bed is, we got it from Sears.  But same as Michelle it's super comfortable, matter of fact tooooooo comfortable and not supportive enough.  When we get our next mattress I won't get a pillow top.  You can't flip them to prevent (or push back) getting those grooves where we sleep everynight.  Ours kind of slopes towards my husbands side bc I'm a bed hog and sleep scooted right up under his armpit.  So only half the bed gets slept on.

• We are not buying a new mattress until we move but we've decided that we were going to purchase a Temperapudic when it comes time to get  a new one. It's soooooo awesome. Definitely an indulgent but among all that we've tried it was the most comfortable. I love a good sleep and I think it's worth investing on a good one. I heard though that different body have different mattress "match". Good luck!
  • tempurpedic mattress all the way! while you're at it, also grab a few of their pillows.
  • Funny you posted this Jody b/c we are in the process of looking for a new bed as well.  My DH is set on a sleep number bed.  We are going to check them out this week.  But after hearing about the mold I am a little scared. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We have an Original Mattress Factory plush top that we really like.  It is plush on both sides so you can flip it.  Their prices were really reasonable too.

We have had it for 3 years and it is holding up well.

• imagesnansley:

We have an Original Mattress Factory plush top that we really like.  It is plush on both sides so you can flip it.  Their prices were really reasonable too.

We also have this and love it!!  We have had it for about 5 years and it shows no signs of wearing out.  And the prices are awesome.  They make the mattresses at the factory connected to the store and they are comparable to major brands.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Try original mattress factory....support the local economy. GREAT product fantastic prices.  We decided on OMF vs Westin heavenly.
  • We are on our third mattress in three years.  The last two were pillow tops and I will never get another--we need something firmer so our backs don't hurt.  We just got one this weekend from The Dump.  So far we are happy with it--it is so great to not wake up with a sore back anymore.  Check it out--they have a ton of mattresses there.  We went in just to browse and we were surprised to see mattresses there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just bought a Sealy Posturepedic- I can't remember the name but it was a plush- basically medium firmness with built in memory foam.  It did take us both a little time to adjust but we really like it.  I know I've got less aches and pains now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"