TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Update on DH's SA.....

I had to talk to the nurse (which I LOOOOVE) about my monitoring appointments.  While she was on the phone, I asked her if she could tell me what my DH's sperm count was so we could be thinking if we needed IUI or not and all we had gotten was a "they're low"

She responds with "hmmm, why would have they said this was low.  Says here that his count was 50 million and normal range is 50-100"  I'm gonna have a hard time keeping DH in boxers if he finds that out!  LOL.  They still want to re-test him, but those numbers look great to me.

Also when I was talking to the nurse, she mentioned that she had went through all of this before and understood why I was being so persistant and how frustrating the process was.  I don't know how long she dealt with infertility, but sounds like she had a little girl a year ago.....so it gives me hope....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on DH's SA.....

• Those are great numbers!  YAY!
  • Yeah for good numbers and a nice nurse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Well this sounds like great news. Just don't tell YH so he keeps wearing the boxers. When are you gonna have him re-tested?
  • Those are really excellent numbers!!!!
  • imagexleslieraex:
    Well this sounds like great news. Just don't tell YH so he keeps wearing the boxers. When are you gonna have him re-tested?

Hahahaha, that's what I'm thinking.  Since he is complaining NON-STOP about them.  I told him it was about time, I'd had a year of fertility crap and it was time for him to have to do something Embarrassed

They said to re-test in 3 weeks.  I think we'll probably wait to see if AF shows or not before we do.  That makes him happier anyways.  Hehehehehe.  So it looks like the only thing we'll do different this time is adding in the trigger shot.

When is your next appointment?

• I really really hope you aren't going to need to re-test him. Did he start taking vitamins? Wearing boxers is the least he can do! DH stopped wearing undies completely for a couple cycles. I couldn't imagine. Stick out tongue

When are they gonna trigger? Do you know yet (I don't know how that works)?

My 1st appt is 4/14. It's only 2 weeks away! I am so excited. My doc says he's going to do a bed side u/s.

• imagexleslieraex:

I really really hope you aren't going to need to re-test him. Did he start taking vitamins? Wearing boxers is the least he can do! DH stopped wearing undies completely for a couple cycles. I couldn't imagine. Stick out tongue

When are they gonna trigger? Do you know yet (I don't know how that works)?

My 1st appt is 4/14. It's only 2 weeks away! I am so excited. My doc says he's going to do a bed side u/s.

Me too!  Maybe I'll get lucky on the 2nd cycle after the HSG!!!  I'm not sure how much the trigger will help since timing hasn't been our issue, but it doesn't hurt.  1-2 cycles of that, and I'll be pushing the RE route.

I'm still LOLing about your DH!!  Boys get it so easy.  DH hasn't started the viatmins yet, but should be in the next couple days.  He already takes viatamin C

Don't know on the trigger yet.  I have an u/s on 4/5 (Monday) to look at follice size and my lining.  Probably another one Wed and will likely trigger sometime between Wed or Thursday.  I think then its 36 hours till you O....so I'm shooting for earlier since we'll be at my mom's house Friday night.  LOL

I'll be stalking you on 4/14.  That's an easy date for me to remember and its going to be a lucky one for you!!  April is my name and 14 is my favorite number......therefore Leslie HAS to get GREAT news!!!!

• Woohoo for good numbers!
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that's great news, I'm glad you got some more definitive answers!
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • I'm glad that his numbers are good!
  • Glad his numbers were good.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Great news!!!!
    Marie, wife to Ron, mom to DS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"