Baby Names

HELP! Boy names...

Hi everyone!

I don't post on here but I often read through posts here. We are expecting our first baby, a boy, in June and we can't find a first name. I'm terrified he will be born and we still won't even know what to name him. We have looked through hundreds of baby name lists, books, websites, et al.

Oddly enough we have a middle name. My DH is deadset on this name and although I'm not in love with it I have agreed to use it because it means a lot to him. Our child will have two middle names, that was our compromise. My dilema is finding a first name and another middle name that will fit with the middle name we have already agreed upon.

The middle name is Astyanax. Zip it! It's quite an odd name if I do say so myself. Its Greek. We are both Spanish and would like a name that sounds good in English and Spanish. We also speak French so a French name may also be of interest to us.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HELP! Boy names...

• Well, if you're going for the Greek name, it's actually spelled Astyanax

Why does this name mean a lot to your DH?  I'm just curious.

Honestly, I don't know how much I'd be worried about names "going with" that name.  I don't know that anything will.  Just suck it up and find 2 other names youlike.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEastCoastBride:

Well, if you're going for the Greek name, it's actually spelled Astyanax

Why does this name mean a lot to your DH?  I'm just curious.

Honestly, I don't know how much I'd be worried about names "going with" that name.  I don't know that anything will.  Just suck it up and find 2 other names youlike.

Yes, it's spelled Astyanax. Sorry, typo.

It's a super long story as to why it means a lot to him so I won't bore you with the details. I'll sum it up to say, it was a name of someone who made a difference in his life.

I wish I could find other boy names that I even like. I think that is part of the problem. Even taking Astyanax out of the picture I just can't find any names that sound good in Spanish and English.

If we were having a girl this naming business would be much easier but alas that isn't going to happen.

• Loading the player...
  • What is your other middle name? Can't you just use that as the first name?

ETA - never mind, I see you don't even have a second mn yet...

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Yes, I'd agree that the middle name your DH has chosen is so unique that it might be hard to find the perfect name that "flows" well with it. I wouldn't worry about it too much ... after all, we don't normally introduce ourselves First Name Middle Name :)

Here are some other name ideas ...

Clark 

Grant

Harrison

Vincent

Here are other ideas ...

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"