Baby Names

Addilynn?

I just thought of this name the other day and added it to my potential name list.  My dad's middle name is Lynn and I've been trying to fit it in somewhere, either as part of a first name or a middle name.  I was thinking Addilynn Marie (my mom's middle name is Marie... And I can't think of anything else to put with it), but my dh thinks it's weird.  Opinions, anyone?

Re: Addilynn?

• I think this is a pretty name.Another one that sounds similar that I personally love is Addison,and I think Addison Marie sounds very pretty.Can't really think of others,but that is what I thought of when I read your post.Isn't it fun when DH disagrees with name choices?

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Lol.  Yes, it is.  Addison was the first one I suggested and he totally shot that one down.  I love it too, though.  He did offer to let me pick all the other names if I'd just let him name one boy John (after John Wayne).  I said no.  I so don't like John.  It's his best bachelor buddy's name and it's just too common for me.  Then again, one of my favorite boys' names is Jacob, and that's super common too.  He actually only agreed to Jacob because of the John Wayne character Big Jake... I think he's obsessed. Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH is obsessed with John Wayne too but luckily he didn't suggest any names from his movies,and thank god not John because I don't like that name either!I liked Jacob also,but DH actually turned that one down.I tend to like the not crazy names,but different enough where there won't be 10 other students in their grade with that name.Do you have any other names picked?

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,

• It reminds me of a cross between Addison and Madelyn. I think its pretty mostly because Addison and Madelyn were both on my list (DH vetoed). Addilynn Marie sound great together. Hopefully your DH comes around.
  • If we were having a girl we had planned on Addison Grace.

I LOVE the name Addilynn though!! Very pretty!

• I really like Addilynn, very pretty!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not crazy about the spelling, looks too made up imo.  If you are set on that name I think the French spelling Adalyn is better.  I also like Adelaide and Adele as well, kinda similar.

• The name itself is NMS, but that spelling is awful. As pp said, the traditional spelling is Adalyn. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I don't like the spelling. 
    image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKellyG6279:

I'm not crazy about the spelling, looks too made up imo.  If you are set on that name I think the French spelling Adalyn is better.  I also like Adelaide and Adele as well, kinda similar.

This.  I think it looks a little silly with that spelling. 

• Love the name - its one of my top picks. I would spell it Adalyn, or Adelyn though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesunnyday016:
    The name itself is NMS, but that spelling is awful. As pp said, the traditional spelling is Adalyn. 

Ditto.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds pretty. Something about the spelling bothers me. 
  • Think its a great name

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is really pretty!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestarrkitten89:
    My DH is obsessed with John Wayne too but luckily he didn't suggest any names from his movies,and thank god not John because I don't like that name either!I liked Jacob also,but DH actually turned that one down.I tend to like the not crazy names,but different enough where there won't be 10 other students in their grade with that name.Do you have any other names picked?

Yes, we do.  I have Garrett Kellan and Jacob Luke for a little boy.  I also like Jackson, Riley, and Nick, but not sure if we'll use any of those.  For a girl, we have Caitlyn, Emma, Katie, or Emily with the middle name Rae-just trying to decide a first name.  Or Audrey with the middle name Lynn or Laine.  And now Addilynn, though I may change the spelling.

• I think the name is good but the spelling makes it hard on the eyes.  My DD's middle name is Adelyn-  I think that spelling is much simpler.
  • I like Audrey ,and i like both Garrett and Jacob,and I love your middle names!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"