Multiples
Options

i've created a monster...

I tried getting the girls to nap in their crib today for the first time.  They have been napping in their bouncy seats for the past month or so.  They love those damn things.  Anyway, here was the result:

So after a few minutes of screaming and trying to console them to no avail, I put them back in their seats. Here was the result:

Passed out in 1 minute.  Sigh. 

How do I get them to transition to the crib during the daytime for naps?  I don't want them relying so heavily on those bouncy seats!  I had the room dark and quiet, and that didn't work.  Do they need to be swaddled like they are at night?  

Thanks for any advice.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: i've created a monster...

• Options

We let our guys nap wherever they wanted until about 4 or 5 months then switched to naps in their cribs.  In those first months, their schedule changed every few weeks with growth spurts etc. that it was easier for us to let them sleep wherever lol. 

It wouldn't hurt to try swaddling them for naps though if you want them in their cribs for naptime. 

• Options

With my DS, I swaddled him for naps and bedtime.  He also loved to sleep in his swing, I think if their younger than 3 months old, anyway to sleep is fine??  It's just frustrating.

Actually when DS was really really young, like 2-3months old, we discovered that he liked to sleep with something in front of his face (swaddled too) so I would lay him on the couch facing the back and I was a freak about always checking his airways.  But he did sleep out of his swing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just have these visions of them freaking out when they outgrow those bouncy seats!

But good to know we have a little more time before I have to start really working on getting them into their crib.  I just hate to leave the nanny with this task when she starts in a month.  Tongue Tied

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

• Options
    I would try swaddling to mimic the comfy coziness of the bouncies. I started being pretty strict about all naps in cribs at around 2 months and the result is almost 11 month olds that take 2-2 hour naps and sometimes a 3rd 1 hour nap a day. No tears, no fighting it - it rocks! :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i would definitely swaddle them. i swaddled the boys for naps and at night until they were 5 months old. (when they started rolling, and i unswaddled them and let them sleep on their bellies.)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    OK, swaddling it is.  Thanks ladies.  Good thing the next size up of the Swaddle Me is being delivered today.  They are too big for the ones they have now already.

• Options
    Hehe, so true! : ) Our girls always nap in their bouncy seats (or PNP).  Their room is upstairs and I actually prefer they nap down here anyway (at least until they're taking regular naps and I know I won't have to keep running up and down the stairs).
  • Options

imagekimarino13:
    OK, swaddling it is.  Thanks ladies.  Good thing the next size up of the Swaddle Me is being delivered today.  They are too big for the ones they have now already.

Uh, yeah.  The weight ranges on those things are totally off!  Our girls grew out of the 7-14 lb. ones around the age your girls are now.  We moved up a size and the velcro attached on their backs, but they fit MUCH better.  Weird!

• Options

imagejacobandcrystal:
    Hehe, so true! : ) Our girls always nap in their bouncy seats (or PNP).  Their room is upstairs and I actually prefer they nap down here anyway (at least until they're taking regular naps and I know I won't have to keep running up and down the stairs).

I have moved the bouncy seats, my iPod and laptop up into the nursery today (from downstairs).  Maybe this is a baby step to the crib transition, since the bouncy seats are now located at the foot of their crib. LOL!

• Options
    I swaddled for naps when we transitioned to the crib at one month and once they got used to sleeping in the crib, I slowly removed the swaddle (one nap at a time)  I am also a huuuggge fan of the white noise machine. Some people think its a crutch but between the white noise machine and the crib soothers in their crib, they are always more than happy to nap there.
  • Options
    I love the pics. So true isn't it. Besides swaddling, I make sure that when I put mine down they are already sleepy with those "drunk eyes." We are trying to get both of them to nap in cribs but I often put one in the crib and keep one out in a bouncy or swing. At night when one cries they don't really wake each other but during the day if one cries it seems like the other one always wakes up. I'm hoping that we can get them both in their cribs at naps but taking it slow.  
  • Options
    Mine were PTFO (passed the F out) when I moved them into their crib!  I am trying swaddling for the next nap.  We shall see...

• Options

those pics are adorable!!! 

one of my girls still naps in her bouncy seat at the dcp's...the other now naps in the pnp...they were such good nighttime sleepers in their cribs I never pushed it with their naps - and they get 1.5 hours each time napping wherever...so far so good...

• Options
    first those pics are SO cute. second i have no idea, i just went and bought the bigger bouncy seats (the infant to toddler rockers up to 40 lbs) because they still will not nap in their cribs. they STTN just fine in them, but naps...no way! we get the same thing as your pictures. i had a friend tell me to put the bouncy seats in the cribs so at least they are in the right spot. GL.
  • Options
    At this point I would let them sleep wherever they will sleep!!  They won't be 2 and napping in a bouncy seat I promise. 
  • Options

imagekimarino13:
    Mine were PTFO (passed the F out) when I moved them into their crib!  I am trying swaddling for the next nap.  We shall see...

I am dying at "PTFO" and will be adding this to my daily vocab.

I read somewhere that its not good to put babies into the crib PTFO because they wake up, dont know where the F (just keeping with the lingo, lol) they are and freak.  Not sure of the validity but it makes sense. 

• Options
    imageShannonlea:

imagekimarino13:

I am dying at "PTFO" and will be adding this to my daily vocab.

I read somewhere that its not good to put babies into the crib PTFO because they wake up, dont know where the F (just keeping with the lingo, lol) they are and freak.  Not sure of the validity but it makes sense. 

Haha!!!  

OK, so I just put them down drowsy and I swaddled them, and so far so good.  I have the monitor on and I am watching TV in my room.  This is nice for a change.  We'll see if it keeps up.  :)

• Options
    I don't have any suggestions, but I think your pics are hysterical!! thanks for thinking of taking them in the midst of the meltdown so that I could learn from everyone's replies. They don't look like monsters to me :-) They're adorable
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Success!!!

• Options
    imagekimarino13:

Success!!!

Awesome! Everyone looks happily PTFO in that pic :)

p.s. I mailed your formula checks today- Im sorry for the delay, the envelope got "lost" in a pile of mail on my table.

• Options
    imagekimarino13:

Success!!!

congrats! jealous.  

• Options

Mine wouldn't nap in cribs until about 5 months - before then it was anywhere they would sleep, usually swings or bouncies.

Do you ever swaddle?  If you want to keep trying with naps in cribs and usually swaddle at night you should try swaddling for naps as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They napped for 2.5 hours and I had to wake them up.  I hope this won't get their days and nights confused...

• Options
    All I have to say is I LOVE all your photos!  Made me laugh!  So glad the swaddling worked for you.  I think I have to try this with my singleton b/c she is addicted to the swing.
  • Options

swaddle!! 

LOVE these pics. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"