Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

PLEASE HELP...Stroller dilema!!!!

So I orignally registered for the Uppa Baby Vista but now I'm contemplating going for the Baby Jogger Elite...this is where I get lost:

1. I literally live on the boardwalk so I need a stroller to walk up and down that 4 mile b-walk all summer

2. I want to go on the beach with it too

3. I want my baby to face me so I can keep an eye on her (esp earlier on) 

I could get to Baby Jogger and then buy bassinet seperately (which then can face me)....since it might be the better stroller for this terrain...maybe? But the Uppa Baby has a built in SPF 50 sun shade- that's a selling point for me... I just don't know and I'm wanting this to be done with!!!!!!  

HELP! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PLEASE HELP...Stroller dilema!!!!

• Options

What about an infant seat adapter instead of the bassinet, not sure if this is even possible.

Hate to add another one to your mix but have you looked at the Bob revolution? for a lot of walking it might be a good option for you with the adapter. Otherwise I'd go with the Baby Jogger.

• Options
    imageniccole_e:

What about an infant seat adapter instead of the bassinet, not sure if this is even possible.

Hate to add another one to your mix but have you looked at the Bob revolution? for a lot of walking it might be a good option for you with the adapter. Otherwise I'd go with the Baby Jogger.

I will be getting one of those too with either stroller, but I want the baby to be able to lay out and stretch on the walks rather than be all crammed into a hot little snugride during hot summer months.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    gotcha, I had one with my stroller I used it a bit.
  • Options
    Have you looked at the Bumbleride Indie?  It's all-terrain, the baby faces you in the bassinett (only with the 2010), it comes with the carseat adaptor bar and has an awesome sunshade!
    Jackson-19 months image
  • Options
    Have you looked into the Mutsy 4Rider?  It sounds like a really good match for your needs.
  • Options
    actually this is the stroller I have (Mutsy) and it is great, but pricey.
  • Options

imageChelseyMiller:
    Have you looked at the Bumbleride Indie?  It's all-terrain, the baby faces you in the bassinett (only with the 2010), it comes with the carseat adaptor bar and has an awesome sunshade!

As far as I see the Indie doesn't have a bassinet option...only the Bumbleride Queen B one...am I wrong? 

• Options

I bought the Uppa Baby Vista after trying a bunch of joggers and I am in love!  The SPF shade has a lot of coverage and my husband likes to call it the paparazzi shield.  I am a Jersey Girl and specifically invisioned myself pushing the stroller down the boards.  You can put the bassinet both facing you and away.  The stroller comes with a rain shield, bug net and has a huge spacious basket on the bottom that can hold all kinds of bags. 

I looked at the baby jogger elite and wasn't happyw ith the seat.  It has a flimsy backing and just didn't seem secure. 

Best of luck!

• Options
    I prefer the BabyJogger line over the UppaBaby even though I think I'm in the minority on this board.  The canopy is huge and has lots of coverage, and the fold is 1000x easier than the UppaBaby (if that matters to you). I also liked the way it drove a little better, and think there is slightly better shock absorption for LO.
  • Options
    I definately suggest the Bumbleride Indie.... its an amazing line of strollers and I have the Indie and LOVE it.The footrest is adjustable which was huge for me cause my sister has the Bob and I hate how my nieces legs hang at a 90 degree angle.  You can purchase the Carry Cot (its the bassinet for the Indie) the new 2010 version the baby will face you. It has one of the largest hoods on the market, comes with the bumper bar/ infant carseat adapter bar included in the cost.  I got mine at Bassinets and Blueberries... go by there... you will love the stroller and the store.  Good luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"