South Florida Babies
Options

Weird thing played out last night

So DH and I were heading home from the hockey game last night, around 10:30pm. Keep in mind we are driving down Flamingo which is typically pitch dark, due to lack of street lights. So we spot a van with flashing hazards on the fast lane. Van is completely stopped and cars are practically slamming on there brakes not to ram into it. When I look, right on the median theres a mother with her 2 little sons. One of which she is carrying in her arms. DH and I are like, do a U-turn and lets see if we can help her out. She was pretty far from anything in sight and seemed so lost. DH managed to push her car across 4 or 5 lanes into the soft shoulder. She had no cell phone, so I told her to use mine and call whoever she needed to. We gave her a lift to her home since there was no way, we were going to leave her alone at night with those 2 babies. This woman cried her eyes out and kept saying, "God bless you both". She was a nervous wreck. Poor thing! So we came to find out she ran completely out of gas. Ladies I know we have a board full of smart and intelligent women but in case there are a few hidden lurkers, please put gas in your vehicles when carrying around children. This is something so simple to avoid.

1. Thank goodness she came across good people but as a mother there are strange people out there. I seriously doubted she would even be willing to get in the car, considering she had her boys. Which I totally would understand if she would've declined. I was happy just lending her my phone.

2. DH and I don't know if she is a nut bag either but I just prayed god would look over all of us and get us home safely.

Re: Weird thing played out last night

• Options
    Wow!  So glad you were able to help her out.  Yes, there are strange people in this would that could have easily taken advantage of her situation. 
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That was really kind of you guys. I am glad you were able to do such a nice thing for a lady and her babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are an angel!  In these times we never know when to help out and when to accept.  Thank God for you!
  • Options

That was such a nice thing you both did.  I do give the side-eye to her though....out at 10:30, two kids not in bed and no gas or cell phone.....very strange!

• Options
    I just got teary-eyed reading this (sorry, I must be about to get AF or something) - it was so incredibly nice of you and DH to help her - weird that she would be out without gas and cell phone; but I wonder how many people just drove past and didn't even think to help... I can't even begin to imagine what she would have done if you hadn't stopped...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You are an angel! God only knows how long she would have been standing out there with her two kids. Thank the lord someone as kind and helpful as you was there to rescue her - there are so many wackos out there, you can never trust anyone nowadays.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You ladies are too sweet. Honestly she was waiting for a police officer to pass by and help her but one just flew right by. We just couldn't sleep thinking what happend to her and the kids that night. From what I understood, they were out there for a long time (close to an hour) but out of fear of someone ramming her van with the kids in it, she stood to the side. Once she put both her sons in my car, they fell asleep in the back seat. It's truly hard to see a single mother struggling. The cell phone thing, well to be honest I think she simply couldn't afford one or it was dead. I just know that sometimes difficult moments happen to all of us and it was worth the risk.
  • Options

OMG!!! Jess-- you did something sooo amazing!!! Like Doris said...who knows how many ppl drove by her and did nothing.  It is very touching to see ppl like you and your DH still exist. 

• Options
    That is a truly wonderful thing you guys did. There are not many people out there that would have done the same. I am sure she will be forever grateful.
  • Options
    Bless your hearts.  You guys are so thoughtful and amazing!   Thank God for you.  We need more people like you!  :)

Jason & Patricia 5/28/06

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"