South Florida Babies

Third Night Bobo Free - bittersweet

My Chelsea has gone three nights without her bobo (pacifier).  We didn't plan it...it just happened.  Saturday night she had lost my last emergency pacifier at a friend's house.  It was too late to go buy one so I tested her and whenever she asked me,"bobo?" I would respond, "I don't know.." and would pretend I was looking for it.  She went to sleep - in tears - but it wasn't too bad.  She CIO for maybe 15 minutes.  She was exhausted. 

Sunday she asked us for it several times throughout the day, and while it broke my heart to deny her, her bobo, I really didn't know where it was.  She went all day Sunday and all night without it. 

Monday - she asked for it only once.  Eli found one and I blocked him from giving it to her. He was soo sweet and said,"...but mommy, Chelsea needs it".  I almost broke down but responded, "No she doesn't, she's a big girl."   I hid it.  That was a close call...

And today, it's forgotten (so far).  I'm kind of sad though.  She loved her bobo and it broke my heart to hear her weep herself to sleep at night.  My baby girl is becoming a big girl.  Soon, we will be transitioning her to a big girl bed - Benji's getting too big for the bassinet and needs to use the crib. 

Goodbye bobo - we will miss seeing you in all the photos of Chelsea :-(

Re: Third Night Bobo Free - bittersweet

• RIP Bobo.

But now, instead of seeing her bobo in pictures, you can see Chelsea's beautiful smile!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aw, poor baby, but glad it seems like a quick transition!  My sister was using hers up until Pre-K4!  LOL
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEliStar:

RIP Bobo.

But now, instead of seeing her bobo in pictures, you can see Chelsea's beautiful smile!

Great point!!  Que linda -- she does have a beautiful smile, her nose crinkles, and my  heart melts when she says, "cheese!!!!!"

• imagecocojack10:
    Aw, poor baby, but glad it seems like a quick transition!  My sister was using hers up until Pre-K4!  LOL

How funny!  My brother rocked his bobo till he was 4 too!  Every single picture that boy is in - Mr. Bobo is there tambien!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"