Georgia Babies

Pool Rental

I'd love to have a pool party for my DD's 1st birthday party, but most pools that I've looked into reserving (mostly in the Decatur area) close at the end of July and the party would be in late August. Does anyone have any recommendations? We can do Decatur or Midtown.

And yes, I know it's ridiculously early to be planning this, but 1) I'm REALLY bored at work and 2) apparently pools get reserved months in advance.

Thanks for any ideas you can throw my way!

Re: Pool Rental

• i can't help but wanted to say i think it's crazy any pool in GA would close before labor day.
  • Do you have any friends that have a community pool? Or what about the YMCA?
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • You can try the Athletic Club Northeast.  They have an indoor and outdoor pool.  I was going to have a party there two summers ago and they were really nice to work with.

https://www.athleticclubnortheast.com/Home_Page.aspx

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • The City of Atlanta has several public pools you can have parties at.
  • Thanks for the suggestions guys! I was looking at City of Decatur public pools. I'll call the City of Atlanta and see if they have similar policies.

I called the Decatur office and to clarify they remain open on weekends through Labor Day but don't allow parties after July 25th. Something about it costing them too much...

I thought about the Y, but the one near us doesn't have an outdoor pool. Only an indoor one. I'll expand the search and check into the ones you guys suggested. Thanks again!

• imageMrsKLB:

You can try the Athletic Club Northeast.  They have an indoor and outdoor pool.  I was going to have a party there two summers ago and they were really nice to work with.

https://www.athleticclubnortheast.com/Home_Page.aspx

I just took a look at the website, and this is definitely a good option. Quick question (if you happen to know...if not, I'll give them a call tmr): If you reserve the pool, do you get both the indoor and outdoor? I'm assuming no, but it'd be nice to have the indoor as a backup plan if it rains, you know?

• I'm pretty sure you'd only get the outdoor pool if you reserved that.  When I was talking to them they said they needed 30 days notice before the party so they could let guests know that the pool would not be open at that time.  So, I'm guessing you would just get the outdoor pool.  As far as a backup plan, you could probably set up tents (they were pretty open to letting me do whatever I wanted out there) but obviously that would only really be an option for light rain and not thunderstorms.  They had tables with umbrellas, too.  Good luck!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • agnes scott has an indoor pool that people reserve. 

The only outdoor pool that I know of in decatur is at the emory clairmont campus.  Elliot and I took swimming lessons there and saw a group of people having a baby shower there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"