Secondary IF
Options

2nd IVF cycle anxiety....In need of advice

I am 26 years old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for seven years with no luck. We went to a reproductive endocrinologist who diagnosed me with having PCOS and a hydrosalpinx tube. He decided that IVF was my only option. We started our first round of IVF December 30, 2009. I was instructed to take Glucophage (Metformin) which I only took for 1 week because I could not tolerate the smell nor taste of it. I did get a positive beta!! However, I miscarried on February 10, 2010 at 5 weeks. I was devastated because it was my first pregnancy and we wanted it so badly. Now I am about to start my 2nd IVF cycle tommorrow (March 30th) and I have so many anxieties about it. I need advice on how to get through this IVF cycle and if I am lucky enough to get pregnant then I would like to know how to stay pregnant and what should do and not do? Also I need a IVF "buddy". If there is anyone who is about to start an IVF cycle or is within the first stages, I could really benefit from having you as a friend because non of my friends can relate. They are actually criticizing me for wanting children this badly. So I have no one basically. Thanks

Re: 2nd IVF cycle anxiety....In need of advice

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss. I haven't done IVF, so I have no advice, but I hope that this cycle is your sticky baby cycle!  7 yrs is a long d@mn time to work towards growing your family and I'm sure none of us think you're crazy for working so hard. GL!!!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss!

I am beginning my IVF cycle in April.  I begin lupron on April 8th with an estimated retrieval at the end of April or beginning of May.

Best of luck to you!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Good luck sweetie!  IVF is definitely a very trying experience.  I would say to just take each day at a time.

As for miscarrying, it is usually nothing that can be stopped---nothing that you did wrong.  It is usually just a chromosomal abnormality.  Just check with the RE to make sure that your progesterone, etc. was ok, and you don't need anymore supplements.

Noone here is going to think you are crazy for wanting children badly.  It is something that people can't grasp unless they go through it first hand.

I hope this is your magic cycle!!!  Keep us posted on how it goes:) 

• Options

I am so sorry!  I will be starting my meds/inj sometime next week for my IVF cycle.  I go in tomorrow for a baseline U/S and my RE has me taking BCP for about a week.  Like jerseymomma, I am hoping for a end of April or beginning of May retrieval, if I produce enough follicles (I didn't last time).  Wishing you the best of luck and hope you get a BFP soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
  • Options
    I have no advice, seven years is a long time to go through such an emotional roller coaster constantly hopefully it will end soon for you and you get your sticky baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"